HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Pissing off anyone willing to donate money to the GTAA sounds like a recipe for disaster for a cash strapped program. Tech is not capable of an IPTAY type program as we just don't have the base to support that. We can't even raise 2.5 million for a scholarship fund.
Need to start winning first and getting the small donor contributions before you tell the big dollar donors to f off.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the short runway is a feature, not a problem.

Can’t personally imagine a turnaround at 62, but that’s me. I did a startup turnaround in my 40s, no way at 62. By 62 I had zero patience (maybe a bit like CPJ) which is probably typical. But some folks keep pushing to 70+. We’ll see. Mack Brown is 71.
That's on you. :) I plan on wrapping up this startup in the next few years and have every intention to start my next one at age 62. Saban is what 72? No reason why Fritz could not coach for 10 more years if he has Tech cranking and it is all working out.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
So here is the ultimate conspiracy theory… donors sabotage the Chadwell hire so you leak that you are going to hire Fritz - who is an older incarnation of Chadwell - in order to get your first choice after all?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Need to start winning first and getting the small donor contributions before you tell the big dollar donors to f off.
Eh, but there's the rub. Before you start winning, you have to hire a coach who will do that. And if you have to tell the big donors to f off to get the right guy, you've come full circle...
Who did the big donors like last time, and where did he leave us?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Here's a thought: are we not being clear during the interview process and setting salary expectations is being misconstrued as final salary negotiations? That seems like such a GT thing to do.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Who did the big donors like last time, and where did he leave us?
Just to clear the air on this a little: TStan made that hire in an absolute vacuum without anything resembling a formalized process and that's why he got fired. He should've been fired years ago, but water under the bridge. The old boys club wasn't consulted at all last time.