HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Take 2:

@slugboy Making his debut on Soul Train back in the day....

Awkward Dance GIF by MOODMAN

@CuseJacket didn't get the memo on that one halloween party, but he was all-in anyway ...
Dance Moves GIF
Mmm. The local talent. I guess they'll have to do until The Announcement.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My info is second hand from the 'old boys club' donor side. There's two sides to every story and this is certainly biased.

But what I heard back on Wednesday was that Batt was set on Chadwell and worked out a tentative agreement with him/his agent. However, the GTAA is in extreme financial trouble. Especially after the buyout and poor ticket sales this season both in FB and MBB. In order to afford any coach, Batt needs donor commitments. Cabrera wants to help, but he's legally handcuffed on what he can directly do financially.

Anyway, certain major donor(s) who were inside the search recused themselves from the process over disagreements with Batt. Others were told to stay out of it and were/are playing power struggle games with Batt. Batt told them who's the boss now and to stay out of things unless asked, Bama-style. So, they are keeping their money out of it, but not their opinions.

After the Pitt game, Batt was in an untenable position. The donors were not ready to open their checkbooks for Chadwell without at least giving Key a fair shot - a real interview, seeing how the GA game played out. Chadwell and his agent were rightfully miffed that Batt was stringing them along and couldn't/wouldn't finalize the deal. It blew up on Batt this week.

There's definitely a power struggle going on. GT fans will ultimately pay the price.

This situation has gotten unnecessarily messy.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
My info is second hand from the 'old boys club' donor side. There's two sides to every story and this is certainly biased.

But what I heard back on Wednesday was that Batt was set on Chadwell and worked out a tentative agreement with him/his agent. However, the GTAA is in extreme financial trouble. Especially after the buyout and poor ticket sales this season both in FB and MBB. In order to afford any coach, Batt needs donor commitments. Cabrera wants to help, but he's legally handcuffed on what he can directly do financially.

Anyway, certain major donor(s) who were inside the search recused themselves from the process over disagreements with Batt. Others were told to stay out of it and were/are playing power struggle games with Batt. Batt told them who's the boss now and to stay out of things unless asked, Bama-style. So, they are keeping their money out of it, but not their opinions.

After the Pitt game, Batt was in an untenable position. The donors were not ready to open their checkbooks for Chadwell without at least giving Key a fair shot - a real interview, seeing how the GA game played out. Chadwell and his agent were rightfully miffed that Batt was stringing them along and couldn't/wouldn't finalize the deal. It blew up on Batt this week.
Well that freaking sucks. I just hope we give the job to Key at this point. Can’t really piss off too many people with that.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Well that freaking sucks. I just hope we give the job to Key at this point. Can’t really piss off too many people with that.
I'll take that bet, we are Tech that gives us the right to be pissed off. As long as we don't get to the highest point of pisstivity it's ok ( I have seen my wife at that point and it's not good)
But I do want Key.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

You know how you’ll always love your kids, but there are times that you REALLY don’t like them? That’s how I feel about Tech and this recurring internal dysfunction.

SunBum

Georgia Tech Fan

This scenario totally makes sense given the bits and pieces of info that's been thrown around. Would point to Key probably being the guy if Chadwell has in fact pulled out...

JacketEagle98

Georgia Tech Fan
If JBatt has selected Key, it should be announced no later than Monday in my opinion. There’s no reason to delay, transfer portal opens soon, recruiting needs to be stabilized.

Get the fan base aligned and let’s make hay for next season. Let’s move on!

If not announced Monday, I think it has to be someone else.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I'll take that bet, we are Tech that gives us the right to be pissed off. As long as we don't get to the highest point of pisstivity it's ok ( I have seen my wife at that point and it's not good)
But I do want Key.
That’s why I said not too many lol.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Blanket statement time from me, as a Mod, not directed publicly to anyone - but if you feel the blush in your cheeks you know it’s you (not @kg01 blushing about his ice cream choices).

Do not post material from paid sites “laundered” as your own. We are on a number of them - and follow this stuff pretty closely. Further we have already been working a few reports from users. I get the desire to share info, and if you have a legit direct source feel free to do so, but don’t post out content from someone paid to do so without agreement from them and sourcing it.

Thank you. Carry on.

thats all folks GIF

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If we go with someone like BoB or Key, I wonder what happens with Long. He’s under contract for another year.
Chadwell would have no use for him, but I wonder since we are already on the hook for the salary, if we don’t keep him as a TE coach even if he’s not the OC. Make him leave if he wants to call plays
Analyst maybe?

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
"..I also disagree with hating on students....."
"...plagued by injury/bad playcalling/bad oline..."
Good thing those OLine guys don't qualify as "students" who you believe should be immune from fan "hating"....
LOL!!!
The difference is calling someone a disappointment with not reasoning attached and saying a team unit as a whole was not very good.

The online is more than just the players, it’s coaching staff, it’s recruiting. It’s wider than just a few players. If it was one or two guys that’s different, but statistically and objectively our oline has been subpar