HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Props to Key for the Dub, but this place will be singing a different tune next week when we get the doors blown off and lose by 50.

The UVA loss was unforgivable and getting whacked by a bad Miami team was all I needed to see with this crew. Wipe the slate clean and start over
And you know "this place" well after joining three days ago?

Still, you could be right. Welcome to the forum.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The OL played pretty well last night. UNC had 3DL's out but that is part of the game this late in the season. The OL has improved the last couple of games. Phomo----etc made a difference last night. Made some tough runs.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm okay with Key - he's done a great job since taking over. The big question IMO is who would he bring in at OC? I like Thacker at DC (after CGC's departure), but the O needs a massive overhaul. Long hasn't impressed, but it's hard to tell if it's him or the piss poor OL play.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
So, another YouTuber proffers this list (in a video recorded before yesterday's game):

5. Bill O'Brien or Bryan Harsin
4. Brent Key
3. Tom Herman (WVU)
2. Lance Leipold (Kansas)
1. Jamey Chadwell

Leipold? Kansas? What are his connections to the southeast recruiting trail? His stops include schools in Wisconsin, Buffalo, and Kansas. First chance he gets, he bolts to the Big10. So, no...I'm not going there. Similar story with Tom Herman...Texas and other midwest stops. No roots here.

That leaves BOB, BK, and JC. Thoughts?

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Brent Key has put a massive wrinkle in things after the sun, that have happened within the last few days regarding the HC search.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Any insight as to why BOB is out?
About to be fired at bama, concerns over his time as a GM with the Texans managing that roster since you also have to manage a college roster, he’s very very vanilla as a offensive play caller and personality wise, belief that he wants to call the offense and he’s not done good at doing that at bama where you have all the talent in the world. The people at tech don’t like him at all.

SowegaSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve been told of some rumblings that a “soft agreement” with a new HC has been made. I’m not sure how legit it is and if it makes any sense but that’s what I’ve heard from some people connected to tech/coaching agents.
I wonder what Brent Key’s sources are telling him regarding the search. If he knows he is a long shot, then what he did last night is even more remarkable.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I’ve been told of some rumblings that a “soft agreement” with a new HC has been made. I’m not sure how legit it is and if it makes any sense but that’s what I’ve heard from some people connected to tech/coaching agents.
Thanks. I, for one, appreciate your tidbits. My insider info has aged out and the other is about 3 or 4 degrees of separation away.