HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The weather report is calling for a strong storm of Mullets but it’s still a few weeks out.

I hope man...I really want this to be true. If he does get hired by GT, I'm going to need all the guys in the student section to sport mohawks in support...of course, the ladies in the student section are welcome to sport mohawks as well.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
agree with most of what you’re saying but the last paragraph is hilariously off the mark. i don’t think you really pay attention to what those coaches have done. i don’t want any of them but they would do better than many of those coaches
I don’t think you really pay any attention to any of those coaches. What evidence do you have that says otherwise? None of them have had a season as good as what TCU is doing right now. You also think Garrett Riley runs a different offense than what Chadwell runs, noted by the fact you put his “schematic advantage” in quotes but always refer to Chadwell’s offense as “the option.” It’s the same concepts. Your perception is that TCU is running an offense much more similar to what the other big schools are running than Chadwell. Look at the numbers.

Do you also think Lane Kiffin runs “the option”? Ole Miss is 78th in passing yards per game, behind both TCU and Coastal. Ole Miss runs the ball the 7th most in the country. There are only 3 schools that aren’t service academies who run more than Ole Miss: Minnesota, UConn, and Georgia State. Both TCU and Coastal throw it more than Lane Kiffin. Guess we shouldn’t even look at hiring Lane since he’s running the option and nobody wants to play in that offense. Somebody tell Auburn.

Last edited:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If it ends up being Chadwell, I would hope that Batt and the athletic department did their due diligence in their research and made sure he had a good answer to what his plan is to field a better defense at Tech than he’s had at Coastal.
If it is Chadwell that is fine but understand his OC will not come, they will make him the HEAD Coach of CC.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If it is Chadwell that is fine but understand his OC will not come, they will make him the HEAD Coach of CC.
Which gives him the perfect opportunity to bring somebody in with P5 experience that can help with the transition. Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if his DC at Coastal stayed behind too, and he got some more fresh faces in.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’m under the impression that Coastal’s Defensive coordinator or Defense line coach will remain at CCU to be the new HC. Korn will most likely follow Chadwell to wherever he goes.
I see that pfp change 👀

After that cryptic “things are happening” post, saying Korn would follow Chadwell. I’m starting to feel it in my loins, and starting to trust whatever insight you’re bringing. Come on Batt, bring him home. It’s #mulletszn

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
BE501457-59C7-4C13-8AC3-C7EC1C2732D1.jpeg

“I’m watching the UNCheat game… don’t worry, I got this. There defense sucks and we will work them next year.”

Love,

The Chad

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Watching what’s going on tonight, I’m not opposed of Brent Key being the HC. Seems to be a good football guy. The team is different than it was at the beginning of the season.

I believe that a HC has been named or there’s strong evidence of someone. Jeff Sims shutting it down is strong evidence that he doesn’t feel like he can strive in the incoming HC’s offense, which makes everyone believe that it is a guy with an option background.

Chadwell?

I like what’s happening with the program right now. I have to remind myself that the talent isn’t what it should be.

If it’s truly still open, I think we really need to give Brent Key a true shot. He may not interview as well as others, but you have a sample of what he is capable of doing.

gdamian

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, my grandma would be an improvement, but Key does seem like a solid coach. If he's offered 2 million a year, it would be triple what he's making and more than he could garner anywhere else. Not saying that should be Tech's offer, but just pointing that out. At any rate, Tech could afford very good salaries for very good assistants. When O'Leary took over from Bill Lewis, he went 0-3 as interim and got hired. Key stands at 3-3 but somehow, I don't expect it. A win today would be a BIG feather in his cap. It would be his second 20+ point upset win this season. I hope after today's game somebody's looking that up to see how often that's ever happened before. I bet you could count the times on the fingers of one hand.
I doubt he ends up being Tech's coach next year but Key very well may end up being a head coach somewhere next year. Great break for him and he took advantage of it.