HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
When I moved to Oriental in 2000 the New&Observer was a great newspaper. It has slowly but surely become a small town rag with an occasional story that's important locally. They have one sports writer.
I still get the Durham version (appears they are merged now) . If it gets any smaller they won't be able to toss it out of a car any longer.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If Auburn has the money as most are saying, they would be foolish to take Stoops or anyone that does not have an A+ record, Freeze, Kiffin, Fickel, or Chadwell would be their best bets.

GT must make the right choice and must pick a true winner with an A - A+ record. They cannot afford an emotional pick, or a retread, they must get the best available coach with a very high winning record that they can afford. Their best bets are Chadwell, Fickel, Freeze, or some coach from a lower division that has coached in more than one conference and has a good record in each conference; he must be an innovator and have his own schemes and not everyone else's scheme.
I could see Auburn going after Urban Meyer maybe if they think he has any gas left in the tank

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I could see Auburn going after Urban Meyer maybe if they think he has any gas left in the tank
RE Urban Meyer...
1668521580147.png

Nebraska is going through very much same thing we are and, although they surely have more money than us, they seem to believe that they are limited somewhat in cash and their lamenting about this being "worst Nebraska team ever" is very relateable to our sitch

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Why has there been no mention of this guy for HC? I know he coaches for the enemy, but he has no ties to the school other than coaching. My dream team

Head Coach: Todd Monken
Asst Head Coach/OC: Dell McGee
DC: Your suggestions

From Current Staff
Asst Head Coach/OL: Key
Co-DC/LB Coach: Thacker (excellent recruiter)
DB Coach: Tillman

Recruiting Coordinator" Watson

bigbob

Georgia Tech Fan
Why has there been no mention of this guy for HC? I know he coaches for the enemy, but he has no ties to the school other than coaching. My dream team

From Current Staff

Haven't Thacker and Key been here during this whole mess. Why in the world would you keep them?

JacketFan137

Banned

From Current Staff

i would love it but idk how realistic it would be. uninformed users will tell you he “runs what everyone else does” but he was kinda the one that brought uga forward offensively with a lot of the no huddle rpo stuff.

obviously he’d need to get some of his guys and beef up the line but he is a respected coach at this point and would likely draw some interest.

guy got stetson bennett into the heisman convo and that should be on the resume as it’s own point lol

JacketFan137

Banned
Haven't Thacker and Key been here during this whole mess. Why in the world would you keep them?
thacker is a solid recruiter and i think since collins departure the defense looks pretty good.

i don’t know if we should or if we absolutely have to but i think it wouldn’t be an egregious error to keep him

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Some info I’ve heard or haven’t heard for each candidate.
Todd Monken: Haven’t heard anything on him at all.
Dell McGee: The talk on McGee has taken a fall, HS coaches and trainers created the early buzz and still are pushing for him but haven’t heard anything on tech having interest. He would bring a massive amount of UGA coaches on his staff tho.
Dan Mullen: Haven’t heard a single thing on him. I don’t believe he has the “fire” to coach anymore.
Jamey Chadwell: Seems to be the #1 candidate, I believe he has interest in the job, tech has the same interest.
Bill clark: Clark’s name is picking up a lot of steam, he makes a ton of sense. I’d have him at #2.
3: Mike Houston: his name is also picking up steam, makes a lot of sense. I’d have him at #3.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I think J batt has a #1 candidate he’s circled as his man. I’m not super sure who it is but I’ll try and guess based off what I’ve heard.
1: Jamey Chadwell
2: Bill Clark, pretty close to Chadwell
3. Mike Houston

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck

From Current Staff

wow haha this would be awful.
1. What makes Monken a good candidate? I wouldnt even consider him a top OC - he just has top talent to work with
2. Dell McGee has never called plays
3. Key has been an awful OL coach (he is a great guy but hes not going to be around next year)
4. Thacker? I get the D has played better since Collins left but seriously lol Thacker is not going to stay even if we kept Key as HC

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
I think J batt has a #1 candidate he’s circled as his man. I’m not super sure who it is but I’ll try and guess based off what I’ve heard.
3. Mike Houston
Inside info? Who have you heard from?
I love this list and it would be my top 3 candidates (I might put Clark at #1 but would love Chadwell too)

JacketFan137

Banned
3. Mike Houston
surprised to see bill clark but that is a pretty interesting choice. i know he “retired” but he’s still only in his 50s

will say its a little disappointing that those are some of the only names picking up steam but in batt and cabrera we trust

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
surprised to see bill clark but that is a pretty interesting choice. i know he “retired” but he’s still only in his 50s

will say its a little disappointing that those are some of the only names picking up steam but in batt and cabrera we trust
Clark would be fantastic. The guy can coach and what he did at UAB is a miracle. Everyone that has played/worked with him loves him. Give him a good staff and NIL and his ceiling could be unreal.

Just think about this stat: Before Clark came to UAB they had never won 8 games. He did that 4 out of the 6 years he was there (one of the years he did not was 6-3 due to covid). On top of that, they dropped the program and within a year of bringing it back, he won the conference (followed by another 2 straight division titles).

JacketFan137

Banned
Clark would be fantastic. The guy can coach and what he did at UAB is a miracle. Everyone that has played/worked with him loves him. Give him a good staff and NIL and his ceiling could be unreal.

Just think about this stat: Before Clark came to UAB they had never won 8 games. He did that 4 out of the 6 years he was there. On top of that, they dropped the program and within a year of bringing it back, he won the conference (followed by another 2 straight division titles).
yeah i would be happy i just didn’t even know he was an option. him and a good staff would be interesting