HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Tstan and cgc took all the recruits that came to play in the Option. Too nice?
Well there is a difference in taking over a team that went 1-11 vs 7-6 and the quality of players you are likely getting. They also didn't take all the recruits. It is probably a good thing they did take as many as they did though, CPJ's recruits in that class had a higher contribution rate than CGC's recruits in that class.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
USC went to the Pac-12 champ game with 26 transfers, they'll be fine. This type of turnover will happen more and more.

USC also has Lincoln Riley who's an offensive savant and has successful track record at a P5 school...not just any P5 school, but a blue blood P5 school.

I also doubt Colorado and Deion are swimming in the same NIL pool as USC and Riley. Riley got one of the best QBs, one of the WRs to follow him to USC.

If Deion gets Colorado to a bowl game I would consider that a very successful first year for him. There's definitely buzz there, but if he doesn't win that buzz will die off. Will be very interesting to see how the QB situation plays out...he basically told the college football world the QB job was his son's job to lose. Knowing that, can they attract a good enough QB there in case his son doesn't pan out on this level, or gets hurt? I think he did really well getting Kent State's HFC to go to Colorado to become the OC. This will be interesting to watch play out over the next few years. TOTALLY different environment coaching at the PAC 12 level versus coaching at JSU.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
We'll just have to agree to disagree then. Having your coach poached by a team entering its first year of P5 football would be embarrassing if it were to happen to Tech. The only scenario I see that its not is like slugboy suggested, if Satterfield is not wanted in Louisville anymore. Maybe that's true and Louisville see's him getting hired away as a win win.

@CEB, I see leaving a longtime P5 program that's average for another longtime P5 program that's average as not a big deal. Purdue to Louisville is a pretty lateral move. If it were Harbaugh or Day to Louisville, that would be a much bigger deal.
I agree... thats kind of my point. Responding to the assertion that the ACC losing a coach to G5 is the sign of impending doom for the conference, but no one in their right mind would cast doom and gloom on the BIG if that same piddly little team from the dumpy old ACC took a coach from the team that just played in their conference championship...

CEB

Helluva Engineer
the difference is people want to come to play for deion. we didn’t have that luxury
BUT, didn't we believe we were hiring that? The lion's share of reasons for Collins was the personnel he would be bringing. Did we see it as the right thing to do, because thats what we wanted to see? It was the first chink in the armor and we just thought it was "honorable?"

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I did know he played at Louisville. Still going from Big Ten to ACC is a step down.
Don't agree. I hate it when fans poor mouth our conference. B1G ain't got nuthin on the ACC. I live here in B1G country and a good friend of mine was big time in the B1G until recently. He's all ACC now.

He’s from Kentucky originally. Likes to show off his strength.

Attachments

• 73B34629-A81B-4632-9C06-839E2180C86B.jpeg
    73B34629-A81B-4632-9C06-839E2180C86B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I can’t wait to retire and start drinking at 8:00 am, when I roll out of bed. I can see it now. Glencairn in one hand, answering GTSwarm posts with the other. Now, that’s retirement. I’ll be like half the guys that post already.

Edit: With no dinner, this stuff is pretty effective. georgia who? oh... that basketball team that lost tonight?

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Like monkeys typing Shakespeare we be 🍻

Laugh Lol GIF by PG Tips
It only works if you close one eye while trying to see the screen.

I don't need anything! Except for this ashtray. And this lamp. Other than that, I don't need anything. and this plant. and this remote control. and this paddle game. I don't need anything except my dog...and my yellow jackets. I don't need anything else.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Don't agree. I hate it when fans poor mouth our conference. B1G ain't got nuthin on the ACC. I live here in B1G country and a good friend of mine was big time in the B1G until recently. He's all ACC now.

In all honesty and full disclosure...when I went to school, we hated every team in our conference and wanted them all to lose. There was no conference pride and we didn't root for any of our opponents to win ever. I miss those days...

Techster

Helluva Engineer

When the B1G payout grows to $75 million/team (projected $100+ million in 5 years), I think that's when we'll start seeing the gap widen with the SEC/B1G and everyone else. All schools outside of the SEC/B1G will pretty much be feeder schools in terms of coaches and players for those two conferences. There's already some of it going on, but once the revenue gap becomes a chasm, it's going to go into hyperdrive.

The ACC will probably the worst off among the current Power 5 conferences because of the locked in revenue stream due to the GOR. Big 12 and PAC 12 are all about to renegotiate their contracts so it'll line up more with the current market, PLUS Amazon and Apple are going to enter the fray with even more money to give their streaming service more inventory. Big 12 and PAC 12 won't come close to the B1G and future SEC contracts, but they'll more than likely be ahead of the ACC.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
It only works if you close one eye while trying to see the screen.

I don't need anything! Except for this ashtray. And this lamp. Other than that, I don't need anything. and this plant. and this remote control. and this paddle game. I don't need anything except my dog...and my yellow jackets. I don't need anything else.
steve martin film GIF

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I did know he played at Louisville. Still going from Big Ten to ACC is a step down.
It’s not like he’s leaving Ohio State. Purdue is a third tier team that is lucky to be in the B1G west. Add in the fact that he is getting close to a 2Mil raise and it’s not hard to understand why he’d want to leave (plus the AD for Purdue is Bobinski, who would want to work for him).