HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Tech interviewed 10 to 12 candidates, according to sources, a group that included Tulane coach Willie Fritz. Tech struggled to lure a big outside name because of the school's reluctance to guarantee large portions of the contract, as the amount of guaranteed money was a non-starter for some candidates.
Being poor in this world sucks.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I’m happy with Key, but the way it seems to have come about is a bit embarrassing. Still, if we’re broke, I’d rather go with the younger guy that’s already here, won over the team and already built us up from Collins level play than bring in someone like Fritz.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Multiple reliable sources are starting to report this.

It's happening folks!!!

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
If it's accurate that boosters sabotaged the process for other candidates, then that's a gigantic problem that has to be sorted. That's been a recipe for disaster at Auburn, Texas, TAMU, USC, Oklahoma, Alabama and LSU in the past, Florida, examples are endless. Batt had to get them in line behind him, and they need to swallow their egos and listen to actual people who know how athletics departments need to be run.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
If it's accurate that boosters sabotaged the process for other candidates, then that's a gigantic problem that has to be sorted. That's been a recipe for disaster at Auburn, Texas, TAMU, USC, Oklahoma, Alabama and LSU in the past, Florida, examples are endless. Batt had to get them in line behind him, and they need to swallow their egos and listen to actual people who know how athletics departments need to be run.

Plenty of time to parse those rumors later. Let's focus on this rumor right now.

Distracting Listen Up GIF by Ramsey Solutions

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
The biggest struggle regardless of who we hired is getting out of debt. Even if we start winning, i dont see butts filling seats. Not on key, more just our terrible alumni base.