HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why you bothered to fix it. The post I was quoting was supposing that the exception being talked about would only apply if we went with Key, who the $ guys are pushing for. Also, the correction doesn't really make sense with the last part of the post.
Ah, you don't know what's going on. None of us do.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Tulane people are pretty adamant Fritz never left New Orleans, therefore he couldn’t have been interviewed. That may be true, and it’s a fair assessment of the situation. But do they not realize that entire companies are ran off Zoom and Skype calls now? There’s no need to get on a jet and fly from NO to ATL just to do an interview. Hop on a web call and knock it out like that. It’s not like there’s any real difference between an interview over a Zoom call and one that takes place in person.

Fritz may not have ever left NO, but if the process is far enough along we’ve offered him a contract, we’ve 1000% conducted an interview. Even if the interview didn’t take place in person.
ImpoliteImaginaryBalloonfish-size_restricted.gif

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Just for entertainment (and to waste time until an announcement is made) I looked up Fritz's last 4 recruiting classes. From 247:

2019: #93
2020: #69
2021: #79
2022: #74

So he's going to be one of those "coach 'em up" type coaches, huh?
The ~14 years prior to him ... the school averaged the 83rd class rank. His previous 5 classes have averaged the 77th rated class ... so about a 10% improvement over the last decade + of data. Also look at the average recruit rating for him versus the previous regimes ... it's not close. So - the guy is incrementally improving recruiting AND coaching them up? Sounds like the exact fit we need.

Would still want to see him bring some P5 experience/recruiters on board as part of his coaching staff if he does accept.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
... Well Tulane is currently ranked in the Top 20... Does that answer your question?

That's my point. GT is getting a guy that doesn't require top tier recruiting for success. He develops talent and "coaches them up". Look at the teams he's beaten with those recruiting classes. Fritz is the exact type of coach GT needs...regardless of the lack of "splash" the hiring will have.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
After reading the last 20 pages or so mostly criticizing the Fritz hire, It will be interesting to watch what happens if it turns out not to be true and Key gets hired. Then, I predict we will have 20 pages of criticism for not being able to get a proven coach and having to settle for Key, the only one who would not turn the job down. I say we all just get behind the program and support whomever gets hired.
Haha that’s true.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
just wondered that. think someone called him out on something and havent seen him since
A few jumped on him last night for reporting from pay walls and claiming otherwise. His defense was he had a friend in the GTAA. Would be nice to know the outcome since he contributed to the board each day.