HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not for Fritz or anything, but please guys, don't do the whole "I'm done with the program" thing, it hurts more than it helps. And at the end of the day, what do we really know to be qualified to have stark opinions on this stuff.
If the AD wants to have a ego pissing contest with donors the hell with both of them but the obvious hire for stablity is Key and we are blundering that... Ive been a GT fan my whole life raised up to be but this is getting ridiculous!!!

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Cabrera led us to believe they had the money to hire a proven head coach.
I didn't hear that in relation to this hire specifically, the way I heard it is that he wants us to get to the point where our athletics matches our academics. Maybe you can point to something specific that is different.
I know he is limited in what support the Institute can provide directly. We have a HUGE financial hole that quite honestly started during Dave Braine's time and we have not climbed out of. Batt has a difficult road ahead, in no way did I look at this and think we could hire a proven P5 head coach unless it was someone like Mullen who has other question marks.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
Guess I am in the minority…I like the idea of Fritz. Experienced coach to lead us through the next few years and get our financial situation right for the next hire.
I like Fritz too. I wouldn’t mind hiring him, I also wouldn’t mind keeping Key or getting Chadwell. The only thing that worries me about Fritz is his age.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
If the AD wants to have a ego pissing contest with donors the hell with both of them but the obvious hire for stablity is Key and we are blundering that... Ive been a GT fan my whole life raised up to be but this is getting ridiculous!!!
What do you know of that is ridiculous at this point? We don't really know anything. There are rumors about a lot, but no actual facts. Prudence would say to not get upset until there are known facts. When we actually do know facts, there might not be anything to be upset about.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Guess I am in the minority…I like the idea of Fritz. Experienced coach to lead us through the next few years and get our financial situation right for the next hire.
He has a losing record over SEVEN years with Tulane. This is depressing as hell. We all got pulled in the Cabrera’s comments about wanting to win and we hire a losing coach. The shaft continues.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One thing I see is posts about Fritz's recruiting. He was a Georgia Southern and has ties throughout the state. LA connections will be good also.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
He has a losing record over SEVEN years with Tulane. This is depressing as hell. We all got pulled in the Cabrera’s comments about wanting to win and we hire a losing coach. The shaft continues.
You have to realize the situation Tulane was in before they hired Fritz. They were TERRIBLE. Fritz slowly built them up, and took them to three straight bowls from 2018-2020. They sucked in 2021 due to several reasons, mainly injuries and a hurricane hitting NOLA early in the season, but this year he’s got Tulane in their best shape since probably the late 90’s.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I like Fritz too. I wouldn’t mind hiring him, I also wouldn’t mind keeping Key or getting Chadwell. The only thing that worries me about Fritz is his age.
Age is just a number. He looks like a young 62. Looks like he probably has at minimum another ten years of coaching left in him. 62 is the new 52...

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
You have to realize the situation Tulane was in before they hired Fritz. They were TERRIBLE. Fritz slowly built them up, and took them to three straight bowls from 2018-2020. They sucked in 2021 due to several reasons, mainly injuries and a hurricane hitting NOLA early in the season, but this year he’s got Tulane in their best shape since probably the late 90’s.
Operative word being "slowly" You want to wander in the wilderness of 3 and 4 win season while he tries to "turn" this around.