HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Charles Kelly is a name I keep hearing thrown around. I’ll just say this, no coach is close to safe if Brent Key gets the job. He will do anything to win and that includes making the proper hires.
Key would want to have Kelly as DC but looking at Alabama's defense this year (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I would keep Thacker.

slugboy

Staff member
Key would want to have Kelly as DC but looking at Alabama's defense this year (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I would keep Thacker.
FWIW, Pete Golding is Bama’s DC.

Kelly is the associate DC and safety coach and has been for a while.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If anything it seems like it would make the kids more likely to play for their coach.

I don’t understand waiting at all if it’s key.
I believe the players are going to leave it all on the field tomorrow regardless. If he isn't yet named, they'll play all the harder for him so he can get the job. Or if he is. It's not going to matter IMO.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Very good coach.
Very bad advice.

Decisions based on emotional connections don't often turn out well. I hope Batt keeps it objective, thorough, and professional, and he signs HIS top choice and ignores all the external noise.
Agree with both. I just do not understand why we have to discredit his coaching ability just to make the point that we should not be considering who he thinks should be our coach.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
If BOB is the head coach that's not exactly the same thing as an OC with one year experience.
He will be doing HC things, we don’t need a green playcaller that he has to baby sit.

If you hire BoB, part of the allure are his connections. He could bring in a seasoned OC and assistants to build the offense while Bob builds the program. I’m sure he will give input on game planning and situational calls, but I would rather an established guy run the offense.