HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
What about this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Leach_(American_football_coach)

Historically, after his first couple of years at a school, he's more like a guy who churns out 8 or 9 wins seasons, with the occasional 11 win season.

GT isn't better than that
Sir this is NOT the place for cold hard facts and unwelcome truthbombs.

I for one would love to have Leach, that guy is freaking awesome in so many different ways. I believe if he leaves State it is to head off into the Key West sunset for good unfortunately.
Source- a bunch of sec trolls......

GTNC72

Georgia Tech Fan
This has been an interesting read, but it is all guesswork. The observations on the various candidates are good. Until Batt speaks, however, the best anyone can say is - to paraphrase Sgt Schultz - "I know nuttin' ."

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Just out of curiosity...what are UGA fans saying about Tech's coaching candidates?

For those of you who live and work surrounded by them...what are you hearing?

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Just out of curiosity...what are UGA fans saying about Tech's coaching candidates?

All my uga buddies admit we are just the right hire away from being a thorn in their side again. Of course they all think we need to take the UGA/Bama/Clemson/tOSU approach towards that goal.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer

Mostly support for Key and how he's turned the team around. But this is just talking football with the inlaws, so they follow uga closely but not many others, and DIL is always pessimistic on uga not screwing the pooch.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Feel free to disagree then. I'll stand by what I said.
I’m not saying I disagree or agree, but you’re putting a pretty strong opinion out there with a shaky basis.

I’m not trying to change your mind, just giving you additional information to think about. I’m not suggesting you aren’t, but we should always be open to additional data that may inform our opinions. To ignore such leads to just talking past each other.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Here’s a name I’m surprised people haven’t considered more.

Willie Fritz at Tulane. He’s been a winner in the FCS, then at Georgia Southern, and now at Tulane. He’s got the Waves ranked for the first time since 1998. Personally id like us to either keep key or get Chadwell depending on how this season turns out, but he’s someone I wouldn’t mind hiring and im surprised not many Tech fans have mentioned his name.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Here’s a name I’m surprised people haven’t considered more.

Willie Fritz at Tulane. He’s been a winner in the FCS, then at Georgia Southern, and now at Tulane. He’s got the Waves ranked for the first time since 1998. Personally id like us to either keep key or get Chadwell depending on how this season turns out, but he’s someone I wouldn’t mind hiring and im surprised not many Tech fans have mentioned his name.
40-45 at Tulane, he has 1 good season there