HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
And hypothetically what if the team is playing better because they respect Coach Key and are responding to the teaching of the coaches better and understanding the game plans far better and those plans are much more coherent because the guy in charge before didn’t let his assistants have as much input or they had input and he disregarded it. That’s as much of a proof point as your hypothetical which is to say mine is as meaningless as the one you proposed.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but that was the whole point of my hypothetical. I don't know what went on behind the scenes. Nor do I believe anyone here has any real insight. So we should judge based on what was put on the field.

I understand you feel that putting together a successful OL is a prerequisite to being a good HC.

No I don't. I feel like the next hire should have a certain level of qualifications that Key doesn't come close to meeting.

If he was hired by literally any other P5 job with an opening it'd be ridiculed.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I hope the rumors I'm hearing are just that. But starting to sound like our new AD might be in over his head in this job. Cabrera probably shouldn't have brought in someone with zero hiring experience for this situation and let him loose, IMHO. SMDH
There are always going to be rumors. Most if not all of them are probably hogwash. Batt can't control that.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but that was the whole point of my hypothetical. I don't know what went on behind the scenes. Nor do I believe anyone here has any real insight. So we should judge based on what was put on the field.

No I don't. I feel like the next hire should have a certain level of qualifications that Key doesn't come close to meeting.

If he was hired by literally any other P5 job with an opening it'd be ridiculed.
Not aimed at you in the least, because I respect your opinion and you haven't ridiculed anyone, but just a reminder that very often ridicule is the last refuge of the ignorant. Lots of ideas and lots of people have started out being ridiculed and ended up being respected.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Someone needs to want you if you transfer. A whole lot of players didn't find landing spots across the Country last year. We only lost a couple of non grads who were contributors last year. Will likely lose a number of players but very few non grads who are significant contributors.
Gibbs, Walls, Ivey, Domineck all starters or contributors in the SEC. The good ones probably know who want them before they go into the portal. Gibbs was a can't miss.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
We are running out of time before the portal is officially open on Dec 5th. We need to have our announced coach by then by the latest. Otherwise we are shooting ourselves in the foot recruitingwise.

It’s also highly likely we will have guys transfer out if Key is not hired. A lot of guys are emotionally tied to him as HC. And I don’t blame them.

I just hope the attrition is manageable.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

Ah but this isn’t any other P5 job, it’s the one where he is completely familiar with and to the players and their families and the current players we are recruiting. He’s the one who has coached them to a 4-3 record down the stretch. If we were to look at Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin then similarly that would be silly. But at Wisconsin he may make sense. So the circumstances are important.

I hear what you’re saying and it’s meaningful and going into my pot of data that I’m stirring in my head to figure out what I think should happen. If you pinned me down and forced an answer from me right this second I would probably say Chadwell. But I can see points for and against each guy we’ve heard in the media and rumor mills.

Seriously I really appreciate you taking the time to read what I said and converse with me. I do try to listen and you’ve given me things to think about. Happy thanksgiving.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
We are running out of time before the portal is officially open on Dec 5th. We need to have our announced coach by then by the latest. Otherwise we are shooting ourselves in the foot recruitingwise.

It’s also highly likely we will have guys transfer out if Key is not hired. A lot of guys are emotionally tied to him as HC. And I don’t blame them.

I agree with this sentiment. But we're going to have transfers no matter what, so let's just make the right call with the coach. For instance, I think that Pyron, while a vocal Key supporter, would thrive in Chadwell's offense.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

We can't name the new head coach till we go over page 200

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
We can't name the new head coach till we go over page 200

Mcr Teenagers GIF by My Chemical Romance

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Ah but this isn’t any other P5 job, it’s the one where he is completely familiar with and to the players and their families and the current players we are recruiting. He’s the one who has coached them to a 4-3 record down the stretch. If we were to look at Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin then similarly that would be silly. But at Wisconsin he may make sense. So the circumstances are important.

I hear what you’re saying and it’s meaningful and going into my pot of data that I’m stirring in my head to figure out what I think should happen. If you pinned me down and forced an answer from me right this second I would probably say Chadwell. But I can see points for and against each guy we’ve heard in the media and rumor mills.

Seriously I really appreciate you taking the time to read what I said and converse with me. I do try to listen and you’ve given me things to think about. Happy thanksgiving.

I really like the way @jojatk goes about discussing issues. He defends his POV, but doesn't cross any red lines while giving the other side their due.

Pay attention GTSwarm, this is how it's done...and I'm pointing to myself when I say that.