HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
From an SI article, "An additional name involved in the search is Los Angeles Rams assistant Eric Henderson, according to a source close to the search process."

Not a name I'd heard before. Can't speak to the quality of the source.
Henderson, 39, starred on the defensive line at Georgia Tech, posting a school-record 59.5 tackles-for-loss. He proceeded to play three seasons in the NFL with the Cincinnati Bengals and another three in the United Football League before joining the coaching ranks.

Source

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You mean like a "stealth candidate"?
1669255299228.png

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Henderson, 39, starred on the defensive line at Georgia Tech, posting a school-record 59.5 tackles-for-loss. He proceeded to play three seasons in the NFL with the Cincinnati Bengals and another three in the United Football League before joining the coaching ranks.

Source
In reading my own post, I should have added clarity, as in, not a name I've heard associated with the coaching search. Mr. Henderson comported himself very well while at GT.

In mitigation, I'm in the middle of a move and stealing time to keep up with page 201 and beyond of this growing thread.
Thread Satisfying GIF

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The hire/offer has most likely been made but unless it is inside or a non-current coach then the earliest will be after Saturday.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
From the article posted above:

Key has stamped himself firmly in the mix for the full-time post, he has the unyielding support of beloved former Tech head coach George O’Leary, multiple sources tell FootballScoop, and Key met this week directly with Batt for his formal interview for the position, per sources briefed on the process.

Additionally, FootballScoop has been told that Batt conducted a formal interview this week with Coastal Carolina head coach Jamey Chadwell, whose work atop the Coastal Carolina program has dramatically elevated that program’s profile into the national conversation.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Hearing Deion is heading to USF to show he can coach at the D1 level and then move to FSU when it opens up down the road

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
FSU vetted him before Norvell and pronounced him unqualified. Word is his Prime Time Prep Academy is making him anathema to higher Ed.
IF he is able to turn around usf, higher Ed will not have a say in it. The pressure would be too much.