HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
"Kind Sir, would you like two cubes of sugar to go with the b!tch slap I just gave you?"
Far too humble to wield undue b!tch slaps. The grasshopper can consider it a mild rejoinder in a teachable moment.
kg01 wouldn't want to be on the business end of one of my b!tch slaps.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wow. That's not even close. Dude's gonna get hired somewhere I think.

If Key doesn't get the GT job, that UAB job is looking like the perfect fit for him and UAB. Key has DEEP ties to the state of Alabama, he's from Birmingham, and he would do VERY well there. He would probably have a P5 level staff, and kids would love playing for him. IMO, kind of a no brainer for UAB.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
If you fire them before you hire them, there are no buyouts

Think About It GIF by Identity

😉

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
You're arguing with people who have convinced themselves that Collins alone is single handily responsible for every single thing that went wrong the past 4 years while the rest of the staff is blameless.
If that is true, then how do you account for the sudden improvement in the team's performance since TFG left?

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Hire Cadillac Williams. He won 41-7 over his own team. That’s very Zen

AUBURN
Carnell "Cadillac" Williams

Before Becoming Interim: RBs
Record Prior to Appointment: 3-5
Record Since Taking Over: 2-1

Loss to Mississippi State (39-33 in OT)
Win over Texas A&M (13-10)
Win over Auburn (41-17)
Auburn guy here. No thank you. He’s pretty much what key is at Tech, except he was given years of top notch recruits to play with, so those two wins aren’t much honestly (looking over the teams we beat). Us Auburn people love a Cinderella story, but Cadillac is not in any real consideration for the next HC job on the plains and shouldn’t be here. We should expect way more on our HC’s resume than 2 wins as interim.
Although, our running back recruiting would be exclusively 4 star talent with him.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Here are the camps and subcamps:
  1. Collins was responsible for everything. Clean house. Hire Chadwell.
  2. Collins was responsible for everything. Key was not to blame. Hire Key.
  3. Collins was responsible for some portion of the bad. Key should have said something. Hire Chadwell.
  4. Collins was responsible for some portion of the bad. Trim the bad. Keep the good. Hire Key.
Going forward, instead of typing long, wordy posts, we can all just put the number of our preferred position in a single post. This will save time for everyone.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
  3. Collins was responsible for some portion of the bad. Key should have said something. Hire Chadwell.
  4. Collins was responsible for some portion of the bad. Trim the bad. Keep the good. Hire Key.
Going forward, instead of typing long, wordy posts, we can all just put the number of our preferred position in a single post. This will save time for everyone.
think for 3 and 4, it should read most of the bad. he was def a majority of the problem. not just some.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

Where is bring back CPJ option?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Here's the question that no one seems to be considering:

What if Chadwell already turned us down?

And my follow-up: how likely is that?

Not likely unless someone like auburn was offering more money. Though i'd come here over there. We are more likely to give you more than one year. we just gave the goof 4

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Good idea. I’d like to suggest letter designations for each group then a number associated for the degree of agreement associated with it.
I believe we need no less than 32 subsets to correctly capture the nuances of our positions. I recognize this might defeat the intent, but I know we all appreciate accuracy

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
5. Collins was responsible for most of the bad. Others are responsible for their portion of the bad. Key has done a good job as interim, but not exceptional. Keep the good coaches on staff if possible, but hire the best head coach available regardless if the boosters want Key.