HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

JacketFan137

Banned
Speculation is we don't have that $$$

He may be "available," but to someone with deeper pockets.

that said, I hope our revenue position is looking up...
hugh freeze just signed an extension through 2030 getting 5 mil a year. there is almost zero chance we can afford that buyout

CEB

Helluva Engineer
hugh freeze just signed an extension through 2030 getting 5 mil a year. there is almost zero chance we can afford that buyout
Yeah.... I can't wait for the day when we can write big checks for the coaches we want, instead of the ones we don't. :confused:

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Even if we had the money I doubt Freeze would come here. He is one of the hottest names out there right now. He probably ends up at Auburn.

Deleted member 6494

Let's talk about Bill O'Brien.

In 2012 he took over at Penn State for Paterno without knowing the extent of the penalties. When they were announced they were harsh, forty lost ships over four years. He then saw a mass exodus of most his best players and starters. They were down to 65 scholarship players and, yet, still went 8-4 that year. For his work, BOB was Big10, ESPN, and Bear Brant National Coach of the year. (Yeah, he sucks) He followed that season with an almost as impressive 7-5 season.

The next year he took over for a Houston Texans team that was coming off a 2-14 season. In his first season, he went 9-7 to barely miss the playoffs. He then proceeded to win his division four out of the next five years with the lone bad season when he lost both JJ Watt and DeShawn Watson to season ending injuries. They went 1-8 after both were lost for the year (2-10 after losing JJ)

Coming into the 2020 season, he was given a huge extension and the GM role. Yes, he did a horrible job as GM and was fired after only four games, but to suggest he is a bad coach is plain wrong. He has won in extremely challenging circumstances at both the college and NFL level. There is zero doubt in my mind that he could very successful at Tech
Go to CBS Sports and read Tom Fornelli's article regarding Alabama. He states that Alabama's offense has not been up to par since O'Brien has become the Offensive Coordinator.