Haynes King starting vs. UL

Should we merge some stuff

• Move the starting QB posts from the depth chart thread into this one

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Leave the threads as they are now

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Make one big thread

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Fire Danny Hall (whoops, this is football)

Votes: 27 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
I like Pyro, but we need to upgrade at all positions across the board if we want to get back to winning records and bowl games. The fact that we found someone from another big school to help us is a win. I also hope Pyro continues to compete to keep the fire under King.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll pull for whoever the starter is but I’ve always thought King would be the starter. My favorite players are the ones that gives us the best chance to win. I’m also looking for big things out of LB’r Braelen Oliver too, this dude gets to the football. I’m telling ya guys, this is a different team with a different attitude so forget about the last 4 years and look forward to some George O’Leary years going forward. The transfer portal was good to us and we will see it on the field. Just win baby!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
He's faster but I don't think he's the better overall running threat.

King likes to push the ball down the field which is what Key has indicated he wants to do. Let's see if it actually materializes in a real game plan, but I expect us to be very aggressive offensively.
That screams turnovers to me. Being the first year with the OC and not the greatest WR room.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Not the greatest WR room? Some here are convinced we will have one of the best WR groups in the ACC though!
We don’t have much proven production in the WR room at the P5 level. Some on here have very gold colored glasses. It may turn our our WRs are great but that’s a long shot bet. Just being decent would be an improvement.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
The more I watch King's film, I see a QB that started out with a lot of swagger and confidence, but at some point appears to be hesitant and lacking confidence. Probably from all the INTs and coaching to not throw to the other team.

I think in a new system, that's easily correctable. New team, new system, new start for a kid that has all the talent in the world. I'm excited.

I love Pyron and I believe in his talent. I pray to God that he stays. A little more seasoning is a good thing and could ultimately be the boost to turn him into an absolute stud.

Having competition at every position is crucial, but competition at QB is perhaps the most important competition on a football team. The transfer portal is making this a dying part of the game.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Not the greatest WR room? Some here are convinced we will have one of the best WR groups in the ACC though!
I could see top 10 in the ACC. So, not the bottom. But we have a long way to go. Our best WR in Leo Blackburn won't be ready until late October at best. That's if he comes back this year at all.
Dom Blaylock has had multiple injuries and is certainly not the top 50 player in the country he once was.
The transfer Janneh is unproven at the P4 level.
Leary hasn't done anything at Bama.
Chase Lane had some production at A&M but not stellar.
DJ Moore is young but a ton of upside. Could be the top wr on the team by years end.
Avery Boyd has never put it together. He is now doing some TE work to be a flex guy.
James Blackstrain has been hurt and never put it together.
Zion Taylor is a freshman with good upside.
Eric Singleton is a freshman you'll hear about. He can take the roof off a defense. Legit 4.3 speed.
Malik Rutherford is the loan guy with proven production. As of today going into the Louisville game he is the leader in the WR room when it comes to production and possibly skill.