Hawaii Diamond Head Classic

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
No doubt they could have beaten Houston. This is roster with talented individuals that need to play better as a team. Perhaps Alvarado and Usher just getting into the mix will gel better as season progressWe es. The schedule starts to get real after tomorrow's game.

It's frustrating this year more than before, because we know this might be Pastner's best team yet. His recruits are finally old, and can't crack .500 winning % before ACC play. It just won't click, for whatever reason. Moses is playing great, but Banks is down. Parham unable to get anything done all season and be that scorer team needs. All of a sudden Moore, Price, and Cole are no longer in rotation.

Moore may not have started but he is definitely in the rotation. 18 minutes yesterday. In 18 min he had 0 points, 0 rebounds and 1 assist. If you want to bang on Banks (the royal you - not just you personally), then you have to be just as focused on Moore and in reality Bubba who also pulled the 0fer on offense. We need scorers.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think “hate” is way too strong of a word. Personally, I noticed the lethargy of the crowd last season. Not quite as bad as the UNC-Charlotte events in Hewitt’s last season, but getting there. After the ‘Cuse game, it was back. Like the JackAints? No, although the frustration was purely evident. If anything the “haters,” as we are called, care too much. This is a place to vent, in a reasonable way. Having the same rights as the folks following the yellow “bricked” road with CJP and his Assistant Coaches.

Peace to all, & Go Tech!

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't really understand some of the comments on here lately. Being disappointed with the results thus far doesn't mean you're a "Pastner hater" or "miserable" (although there's going to be some people that go overboard).
The talent is objectively better and older this year. The record this season is objectively disappointing. There's nothing wrong with wanting to see the team play to the level of a fringe-NCAA tournament team as was expected. As others have said, he's probably getting at least one more year to turn things around regardless. And I think we all want to see him turn it around sooner rather than later.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My single biggest concern is that our offense is unwatchable. Well, actually, my *biggest* concern is we are losing games, but even beyond that, our offense is unwatchable for me. I literally will turn on a game and stop watching after 3 possessions quite often. I just cannot stand whatever it is we are doing that passes for offense.

bos

Helluva Engineer
I don't really understand some of the comments on here lately. Being disappointed with the results thus far doesn't mean you're a "Pastner hater" or "miserable" (although there's going to be some people that go overboard).
The talent is objectively better and older this year. The record this season is objectively disappointing. There's nothing wrong with wanting to see the team play to the level of a fringe-NCAA tournament team as was expected. As others have said, he's probably getting at least one more year to turn things around regardless. And I think we all want to see him turn it around sooner rather than later.

Completely agree. Team record at this point last year was better.

2018 - 8-5 before ACC play

2019 - 5-6 before ACC play. (1 more to go)

We as fans can at least expect improvement from a more experienced and older team.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Moore may not have started but he is definitely in the rotation. 18 minutes yesterday. In 18 min he had 0 points, 0 rebounds and 1 assist. If you want to bang on Banks (the royal you - not just you personally), then you have to be just as focused on Moore and in reality Bubba who also pulled the 0fer on offense. We need scorers.

banks has two years of playing on moore. as a starter. he is a senior. why get old stay old if your senior is part of the issue.

if either moore and or banks also has the game that was a winnable game yesterday. a good teammate a good coach puts you in position to be successful. bc used to say that all the time. that is not happening.

as far as pastner goes i hope he has a complete turn around. ive always been a fan of his until he gave a cavalier press conference (s) after a 30 point blow out loss. AT HOME. that was a huge turn off for me and others that wins would have fixed. weve not talked about it much but he sure had a stress filled off season. maybe he is having an off year as a coach. weve looked way better with far less from pastner. imo.

we are at full strength (physically) . exams are over. we are past the 2-3 game warm up that usher needed to expel the butterflies. And the schedule gets more brutal after the game wed.

positive notes... i loved our taking care of the ball... i loved our 70% ft shooting. so i am seeing needed improvement.

we are in dire need for banks to start having fun again. we are in dire need of coach to come with a more successful offensive game plan.

go jackets
go buckeyes

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

We as fans can at least expect improvement from a more experienced and older team.

Do you understand why comparing W/L record isn't a solid argument and you should be comparing a variety of individual & team stats to prove your case?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I really can't understand Moore. He played like a Frosh last year but had flashes that had l me expecting a big year from him. But he's much worse than last year
Totally disagree. He's not a scorer. We don't need him to be a scorer. He's a high energy, athletic guy, who has, at times, pushed things to happen and made plays, especially when Alvarado was out. I think he still plays like an underclassman, but I like his energy and game. He just needs to work on hitting that intermediate shot, otherwise he'll have his minutes dwindle.

However, I was really impressed with Usher last night. You can tell he's rusty, but he's a slasher/scorer who can also shoot from distance. He has no fear. As this team gels together, they're going to be fun to watch.

I was impressed with Houston last night.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck

To be fair though. This years schedule is a lot harder than last years

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Totally disagree. He's not a scorer. We don't need him to be a scorer. He's a high energy, athletic guy, who has, at times, pushed things to happen and made plays, especially when Alvarado was out. I think he still plays like an underclassman, but I like his energy and game. He just needs to work on hitting that intermediate shot, otherwise he'll have his minutes dwindle.

However, I was really impressed with Usher last night. You can tell he's rusty, but he's a slasher/scorer who can also shoot from distance. He has no fear. As this team gels together, they're going to be fun to watch.

I was impressed with Houston last night.

We don't need him to replace DeVoe as a scorer but he can't play 20 minutes and not score a point. He has to at least be a threat or it is one more defender sitting in the lane looking to help.