Have we filled all of our coaching vacancies yet?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
The way u make it sound he is a goof ball that we are trying to fit into qb coach.

He could be a goof ball thats wandering around, but the new oc likes him.
I have to assume u are not enthusiastic because you are unaware the new qb c , lead fsu to national championship, and won heisman, maxwell , and obrien award.
Our best outcome is he is a quiet good natured teacher who loves football and can teach.

He could help gt recruit
A great wr.
Sorry it came off that way. He's certainly not a goof ball. I'm just not ready to claim this is an amazing/great hire. I'm sure he's a competent coach, most coaches on this level probably are. We shall see how it turns out here. He'll have a dude with plenty of natural ability to work with.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Just a note.

There is a rumor floating about that Sims "vetoed" Bailey being considered or brought in. Now, I sure hope that is not true, but it was communicated on a podcast that was distributed.
Even if that's true, I'm guessing the "veto" was simply advance notice that if Bailey's brought in, he (Sims) is giving advance notice of his entry into the transfer portal.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Even if that's true, I'm guessing the "veto" was simply advance notice that if Bailey's brought in, he (Sims) is giving advance notice of his entry into the transfer portal.
Well, yeah, it was be his only leverage, but if this is true, and I hope it is not, a college QB should not have that kind of power. Hopefully, the coaches were not swayed by that, if it happened.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Well, yeah, it was be his only leverage, but if this is true, and I hope it is not, a college QB should not have that kind of power. Hopefully, the coaches were not swayed by that, if it happened.
I can see both sides of this. If (and it's a big "if") Sims did that, he was at least being honest up front about it. And coaches always have to decide whether bringing in someone will cause them to lose someone else, although in general I think they should just bring in the best talent and let the chips fall where they may. OTOH, it always has to be at least in the backs of their minds. But we are bringing in QB Zack Gibson. Makes you wonder what the difference would be to Sims between bringing in Gison and bringing in Bailey. Makes me suspect there's nothing to this rumor.

JacketFan137

Banned
I can see both sides of this. If (and it's a big "if") Sims did that, he was at least being honest up front about it. And coaches always have to decide whether bringing in someone will cause them to lose someone else, although in general I think they should just bring in the best talent and let the chips fall where they may. OTOH, it always has to be at least in the backs of their minds. But we are bringing in QB Zack Gibson. Makes you wonder what the difference would be to Sims between bringing in Gison and bringing in Bailey. Makes me suspect there's nothing to this rumor.
gibson to me on the surface looks like a clear move for depth as a backup QB. harrison bailey was highly recruited out of HS and while at this point that doesn’t mean much for a player i would imagine that feels like an attempt to bring in a replacement.

in college you only have so long and it’s not like you’re getting paid real money outside the top 99th percentile guys on NIL deals. if you are gonna lose your job you should leave to go somewhere you can play. it’s not the nfl where you get replaced and at least have a cool several million coming your way to hold a clipboard lol

our coaching staff is honestly pretty dense if they expected sims to stay if they brought in gibson and bailey and pyron. that being said all signs pointed to sims being a great teammate and he even appeared to be very supportive of yates on the sideline so i don’t know if this is true

anyways i think the anti sims crowd has elevated bailey into being someone he’s not and he would struggle as we have not shown we can put together an o line

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
gibson to me on the surface looks like a clear move for depth as a backup QB. harrison bailey was highly recruited out of HS and while at this point that doesn’t mean much for a player i would imagine that feels like an attempt to bring in a replacement.

in college you only have so long and it’s not like you’re getting paid real money outside the top 99th percentile guys on NIL deals. if you are gonna lose your job you should leave to go somewhere you can play. it’s not the nfl where you get replaced and at least have a cool several million coming your way to hold a clipboard lol

our coaching staff is honestly pretty dense if they expected sims to stay if they brought in gibson and bailey and pyron. that being said all signs pointed to sims being a great teammate and he even appeared to be very supportive of yates on the sideline so i don’t know if this is true

anyways i think the anti sims crowd has elevated bailey into being someone he’s not and he would struggle as we have not shown we can put together an o line
Makes sense, but one quibble - I would like to see both Bailey and Sims here next year, if that's possible. He's not as immobile as has been portrayed by some, although obviously a statue compared to Sims.

At any rate, I sure hope Weinke will be as good a coach as he was a QB, although there's little in his coaching resume to offer proof of his coaching acumen. I was a big fan of his at FSU.

JacketFan137

Banned
Makes sense, but one quibble - I would like to see both Bailey and Sims here next year, if that's possible. He's not as immobile as has been portrayed by some, although obviously a statue compared to Sims.

At any rate, I sure hope Weinke will be as good a coach as he was a QB, although there's little in his coaching resume to offer proof of his coaching acumen. I was a big fan of his at FSU.
i just don’t see any reason to bring him on at this point so i would imagine he goes elsewhere. he’s really not very good and the QB room appears to have some decent depth and the guys in it have a lot of eligibility left. i really don’t know that we were ever in the running as it seemed like a rivals guy got a little trigger happy and immediately gave a 100% crystal ball to tech

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
5zwemy.jpg

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Whe

Some coaches with these qualities and experience should have been hired when COLLINS was hired to rebuild this team . Instead he hired 3/4 of his staff from Temple . About half of them were not good coaches or good recruiters. It took 27 loses, the fan base , season ticket holders the big money donors to get the AD and the HC to bring in some quality coaches. If live to be 300 I still don’t understand what he was thinking from day 1 when he was hired. Most head coaches gets really picky and get coaches from 7 or 8 different staffs. I under stand bringing 1 or 2 assistant coaches with you from your former team. ?????
why can’t you give it a freaking break and try to move on to the upcoming season? Weinke seems like a really good hire

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Looks like we've had some good coaching additions the last couple of weeks. Too bad it wasn't earlier so we could have gotten a recruiting bump.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
So we still have one more vacancy right? Anyone hearing any rumors of who we are targeting and for what position?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Im a little meh on Weinke, but I do like letting Long concentrate on playcalling and TE's though. He seems better suited over there.
Who do u think is a better qb coach?
Is he too old? Whats bothering u?
I like that he has top level experience Img, fsu, carolina panthers.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Who do u think is a better qb coach?
Is he too old? Whats bothering u?
I like that he has top level experience Img, fsu, carolina panthers.
He has 4 years of experience as a QBs coach. Two at the pro level and two at the college level in the SEC. None of the QBs he coached were all that great. He may be a good recruiter though. I know nothing about him in that regard.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
So we still have one more vacancy right? Anyone hearing any rumors of who we are targeting and for what position?
I nominate @kg01 to be hired as the honest-to-goodness GT Get-Bak coach.

He has a storied resume here on GTSwarm. I want to see him on the Tech sidelines, putting his money where his mouth is. If his bite is one-tenth of his bark, we’re set for a natty…