Have we filled all of our coaching vacancies yet?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like the hires on offensive side of the ball . We are shopping for coaches that have p5 and nfl in resume. Plus they have track record.

If the oc and qb coach work well together , we can expect a big jump in qb to wr execution which will ripple thru out the team.

Cgc maybe be growing as a coach. When he came in WITH RECRUITING DONE, he mistakenly filled out his staff very quickly WITH ALL HIS PEOPLE..

The qb coach could become his best hire. I hope he turns out to be a geeat teacher and possibly oc material.

Don't know the guy from Valdosta state, but do know that Valdosta really suprised the NWFla football team in the playoffs. NWF had a good offense that was shutdown by Valdosta. The old " they played like their hair was on fire" type defense. We need fo look like we play as one and are fast to the ball.
I have hope.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I thought at first we hired the current QB coach at Tennessee, and didn't know much about him, other than this year's QB there had pretty good stats. I was very impressed.

But then I realized he was let go as part of the previous regime. His OC was Chaney and the results for both their offense and QB play were pretty mediocre. This hire is very on par with what CGC has provided so far. People get excited anytime someone has links to an SEC team/NFL analyst positions. If he was that good, someone in the SEC/elsewhere would have picked him up last year instead of taking the year off. Hope he does better here than at Tennessee.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I thought at first we hired the current QB coach at Tennessee, and didn't know much about him, other than this year's QB there had pretty good stats. I was very impressed.

But then I realized he was let go as part of the previous regime. His OC was Chaney and the results for both their offense and QB play were pretty mediocre. This hire is very on par with what CGC has provided so far. People get excited anytime someone has links to an SEC team/NFL analyst positions. If he was that good, someone in the SEC/elsewhere would have picked him up last year instead of taking the year off. Hope he does better here than at Tennessee.
I jumped the gun too. I thought he was the current coach. Interesting mixture of new coaches coming on board.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Good to have a former QB with name recognition as the coach of that position. Wasn't Dennis a WR at GT. Rather have a former QB. Also good for recruiting.
IMO, having an OC that is not "mailing it in" until retirement, but is a hard nosed go getter, also coaching TEs, with Dixon coaching WRs , Weinke, QB and Daniels RBs, looks like an upgrade. Choice was impossible to replace, but otherwise I like the group. We will see.
Also, Weinke might bring in Harrison Bailey ??

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

When cgc stands pat, lets gab him in the eye.
If he makes a move , gab him in the ***.

If he hires guy from g5 its bad reach. If he hires a guy with p5 background, its cgc is no good because this guy is between jobs.

I think we get what we can afford.

Our best hope is this group does well in wins and recruiting, gt could look like a place a top coach would join. Then we can all pony up $$$$.

I am sure the cgc is no good group is saving up $$$.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
When cgc stands pat, lets gab him in the eye.
If he makes a move , gab him in the ***.

If he hires guy from g5 its bad reach. If he hires a guy with p5 background, its cgc is no good because this guy is between jobs.

I think we get what we can afford.

Our best hope is this group does well in wins and recruiting, gt could look like a place a top coach would join. Then we can all pony up $$$$.

I am sure the cgc is no good group is saving up $$$.
I realize that's what it sounded like. I also realize this is what we can afford. It is what it is. Hoping it works out, Tennessee was his first time coaching QB's and he did it for a less then stellar OC. Maybe things will be different here.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Well, I guess it depends on the size of the company. I once had a leadership role in a smaller company where the management took a 10% reduction in pay to stay afloat. But, in general, I think that's a bad idea. If you can't afford to pay for your top talent, then you probably aren't going to make it. Exceptions are very small businesses and start-ups. Just my opinion. If you don't have a vested interest, you shouldn't be taking a pay cut for the company.
Thats different than a pay cut from senior leadership in order to help bring in a competant staff. It not uncommon. I have done it as well. You are only as good at the team you can assemble to execute your plans. Crappy team of leaders, crappy results. Dabo did it as well

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m hoping we now have coaches who are secure enough to pull our head coach aside when needed. Or at least lock him in his office on game days. Seriously, I’d love for Collins to grow into his role but he’s gotta leave the silly stuff in his closet. Just coach and win a few games and folks who can’t stand that stuff will come around. Just be honest, leave the hyperbole alone and coach.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Yeah, hope the guy works out but nothing here shouts "great hire". But you never know. We'll find out...at least we now have a bona fide QB coach.

JacketFan137

Banned
IMO, having an OC that is not "mailing it in" until retirement, but is a hard nosed go getter, also coaching TEs, with Dixon coaching WRs , Weinke, QB and Daniels RBs, looks like an upgrade. Choice was impossible to replace, but otherwise I like the group. We will see.
i highly doubt we’d bring in bailey at this point. we have sims, just signed gibson and we’re bringing in pyron. while competition is a great thing bringing in too many names to the fold is just gonna alienate people and get them in the portal fast

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I can’t believe we didn’t retain DP and still have Thacker as DC. He seems like a great guy and a passionate coach, but the on field results deserved an axe, or at best a demotion to position coach.
Maybe he is an elite recruiter, like his boss

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I realize that's what it sounded like. I also realize this is what we can afford. It is what it is. Hoping it works out, Tennessee was his first time coaching QB's and he did it for a less then stellar OC. Maybe things will be different here.
The way u make it sound he is a goof ball that we are trying to fit into qb coach.

He could be a goof ball thats wandering around, but the new oc likes him.
I have to assume u are not enthusiastic because you are unaware the new qb c , lead fsu to national championship, and won heisman, maxwell , and obrien award.
Our best outcome is he is a quiet good natured teacher who loves football and can teach.

He could help gt recruit
A great wr.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just a note.

There is a rumor floating about that Sims "vetoed" Bailey being considered or brought in. Now, I sure hope that is not true, but it was communicated on a podcast that was distributed.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I’m hoping we now have coaches who are secure enough to pull our head coach aside when needed. Or at least lock him in his office on game days. Seriously, I’d love for Collins to grow into his role but he’s gotta leave the silly stuff in his closet. Just coach and win a few games and folks who can’t stand that stuff will come around. Just be honest, leave the hyperbole alone and coach.
Coach, like he knows what he’s doing…