Has fan apathy already set in?

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I understand. But, other schools make you feel special ... like a loyal customer. Other than my seat, I’d do better with a StingerPass or StubHub. One site includes Tech games as part of a monthly fee.

Yeah, You can save a considerable amount of money going to the usual ticket brokers/sites, if you don’t mind having different seats each game. Same with the stinger pass. Honestly, with the exception of the upper north, there’s really not BAD seats in BDS. I do like having my dedicated seats, but honestly I’ve only sat in them one game this year. The others I’ve moved over to sit in empty seats near friends.

Yeah, You can save a considerable amount of money going to the usual ticket brokers/sites, if you don’t mind having different seats each game. Same with the stinger pass. Honestly, with the exception of the upper north, there’s really not BAD seats in BDS. I do like having my dedicated seats, but honestly I’ve only sat in them one game this year. The others I’ve moved over to sit in empty seats near friends.
Some people who sit in the upper North LOVE their seats there. Never understood why, but they do. @Augusta_Jacket has sat up there for at least the past 5 years and has no intention of moving.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Some people who sit in the upper North LOVE their seats there. Never understood why, but they do. @Augusta_Jacket has sat up there for at least the past 5 years and has no intention of moving.

I LOVED watching CPJs offense from up there. You could absolutely see the play developing. There were times I knew a play would be a touchdown as soon as the ball was snapped just because of the way the way the defense was aligned...

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

I sit up there. Like @Jim Prather says, watching the previous offense those seats were amazing. @stech81 , the closest bathroom to my seat has about 30 urinals. I don't think I have ever seen every one of them occupied.

LibertyTurns

Banned
First time I got seats in Upper North I didn’t think I’d like them either, but the view is pretty good. Now the upper Upper North, it’s a long damn way from the field but has a damn good view.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That must be nice not to have a line , I have hope I pick the right one

That isn't to say there is never a line at the door. I revise my estimate of urinals to about 40. You can see only about 10 when you walk in the door. There are about 20 behind a divider wall that has sinks on the side you can see and another 10 on the wall opposite the 10 you can see. If there is a line inside the door, I will point out to people to look behind the divider wall. Unless the people in front of me are mutt fans, then I will just walk around them and go behind the divider wall. There are always empty spots there.

Ramblin Wreckt

Georgia Tech Fan
We aren't good this year, understandably.

Emotionally, just "punt" this season, check back next year. Not trying to sound apathetic, because I'll still be there supporting my jackets, but for this season just focus on trying new tailgate food/drinks.

&THWg

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
We aren't good this year, understandably.

Emotionally, just "punt" this season, check back next year. Not trying to sound apathetic, because I'll still be there supporting my jackets, but for this season just focus on trying new tailgate food/drinks.

&THWg
If you’re there supporting the team, that’s not apathy. Sounds like you’re just managing expectations this year which is what most of us are doing.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
That isn't to say there is never a line at the door. I revise my estimate of urinals to about 40. You can see only about 10 when you walk in the door. There are about 20 behind a divider wall that has sinks on the side you can see and another 10 on the wall opposite the 10 you can see. If there is a line inside the door, I will point out to people to look behind the divider wall. Unless the people in front of me are mutt fans, then I will just walk around them and go behind the divider wall. There are always empty spots there.
You have individual urinals?!?! We have these giant troughs....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is what I’m talking about. In addition to tickets, I make AT donations. In return, I get ... zero.

Two very toxic UNC fans sat in front of me, probably getting theirs off StuBHub. And in the eyes of the AA, we’re
the wsame. Even though my value 2oto Tech is 20x higher per year.u
m9
I reacyqov z3lly don’t think the AA
I LOVED watching CPJs offense from up there. You could absolutely see the play developing. There were times I knew a play would be a touchdown as soon as the ball was snapped just because of the way the way the defense was aligned...

Totally agree.

Are u familiar w the hudl service - where they they process and return every play from the high end zone go pro type camera AND press box camera. We use it in a high school to break down the game play by play. Coaches get the plays on smart phone and grade and make grad comments to the players smart phone . Coaches - sHCare some ific plays toctheir coaching buddies for advice.
. Our system has been modernised so players can look at info on the bench .
Next year we are looking at adding a drone for the 3D look - 1500$.
My son in Texas let's me see his teams hudl account so wife and I can see grandson play
Brave new world .

Oh , and back to north end zone - the night view of Atlanta is amazing.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
This is what I’m talking about. In addition to tickets, I make AT donations. In return, I get ... zero.

Two very toxic UNC fans sat in front of me, probably getting theirs off StuBHub. And in the eyes of the AA, we’re the same. Even though my value to Tech is 20x higher per year.

I really don’t think the AA thinks much of STH’ers. I think their focus is suites.

Nothing extremely large, but until this year the season ticket holders got a "gift" with the tickets. Not extreme gifts, but magnets, coasters, etc. Last year the gift was a clear water bottle and an Adidas t-shirt. Until last year, STHs could bring in outside food and drinks in the STH clear bag. Last year, they started providing a discount at concessions.(And a discount at the stadium bookstore locations) Also for the past several years STHs got "Buzz Memories" dollars to use to purchase on the field photo opportunities, visits from Buzz, visits from Cheerleaders, upgraded seats, clear bags, t-shirts, etc. The amount of "Buzz Memories" dollars depended on AT points. None of this was big, but it was something.

There was a survey after last season in which the questions were all about what was important to the season ticket holders. The survey asked what was important to us: Price, payment plan, concessions, gifts, "Buzz Memories", etc. The price of the tickets dropped this year, and some of those extras disappeared. I don't really know, but I infer that the survey results were that STHs cared more about price than about extra benefits.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Want to change the culture...Win

Excuse making to cover poor coaching is BS. For example J.Lee was playing DL against Clemson and USF why poor coaching, Southerers transfered from Vandy, Defoor is a transfer from Ole Miss., We have a TE who transferred from Uconn. However CBK can not seem to coach they guys up (see UCF OC days as a poor coach)

To top it off all of the fans who hated the TO seem to be buying the excuse of transition to cover up the poor OLine Coaching...

And to top it off CBK has yet to sign a 4 or 5 star OL recruit and folks said he was this great recruiter..

Time to quit talking and start winning we need to beat Duke

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Want to change the culture...Win

Excuse making to cover poor coaching is BS. For example J.Lee was playing DL against Clemson and USF why poor coaching, Southerers transfered from Vandy, Defoor is a transfer from Ole Miss., We have a TE who transferred from Uconn. However CBK can not seem to coach they guys up (see UCF OC days as a poor coach)

To top it off all of the fans who hated the TO seem to be buying the excuse of transition to cover up the poor OLine Coaching...

And to top it off CBK has yet to sign a 4 or 5 star OL recruit and folks said he was this great recruiter..

Time to quit talking and start winning we need to beat Duke
Instead of making this comment you could’ve just said, “I have no idea what I’m talking about when it comes to the OLine, but they need to play better.”

You’re acting like Southers and Defoor started at Alabama and Clemson. Southers was a backup on a Vandy team that’s about equivalent to Tech’s roster. Defoor barely ever saw the field at another mediocre team in Ole Miss. Why would you even think they would be great linemen? But given the fact that they are probably considered our two best, that gives you an idea of how bad the line is overall.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I know this isn’t the end all be all way of measuring our interest or lack of interest, but it seems the Post Game threads are slowly getting shorter and shorter. Obviously an older thread probably has more replies, but if you just judge the number of pages per thread on the day they were posted you have these numbers:

UNC post game: 10 pages

Temple post game: 14 pages

The Citadel post game: 36 pages

USF Post Game: 16 pages

Clemson Post Game: 4 pages( kick off was 8pm, so this couldn’t have been posted earlier than like 10pm)

The Citadel post game thread is unique because we were in full meltdown mode, but it does seem like there is a trend of the post game threads being less and less active. Again, I realize this is not necessarily the best way to judge fan interest, but it seems interesting, nevertheless.

Personally, I am normally in a bad mood and have a hard time enjoying other games all Saturday when we lose, but the last two weeks I have pretty much completely moved on five minutes after the game. I’ll still be at Bobby Dodd and watch every game, but I’d be lying to you if I told you I feel the same way now that I did right before kickoff against Clemson at the beginning of the year.

What about you guys? Anyone worried about fan apathy or feeling a little yourself?

Fan apathy? Not according to the attendance figures which is the ultimate sign post for any football program. Perhaps, a good bit of reality smacking people upside the head realizing that we probably will not be competitive for quite a while, maybe a couple of years. That would drive fan apathy more than anything else. Personally, I am resigned to seeing the likes of UNC running over us for at least two more years. Resignation then as opposed to apathy. The acceptance of reality as it is instead of what we wish it to be.