Has fan apathy already set in?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It looked to me like we did change on the offensive side of the ball. I think the starting QB that everyone knew about helped. I am sure the reps in practice were not split evenly this week. I saw some plays develop differently than in the other games I have been to. It didn't always work but it was different.
This is what I saw ( only me can't speak for everyone) I saw a QB that can be good, I saw a few plays that worked but we didn't keep running them. I saw an offense that a good or average offensive coordinator could put a plan together that would work. And the bad I saw a defensive that took 2 steps back how many 3rd and longs did we give up. I have no faith in P'nut and I'm on the fence with CGC need to see better coaching.

GT_EE78

Banned
the apathy could potentially be measured by tracking W-L record versus attendance. . myself and others may have under-estimated transition difficulty but i still don't see this as a post-WW2 European rebuild no matter what CGC says. Taking 50th level talent and achieving 120th level performance is a legitimate concern. since i need to cheerup, where is the post-game presser posted??

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Watch out....there is a particular mod on the loose deleting all non positive posts.

This thread is “unnecessary” and “not beneficial and only stirs the pot of controversy”.

Must delete whole thread now. Only happy thoughts please!!!!!!!! I mean...we are headed for greatness all should see that or be silent! :ROFLMAO:

Deleted posts are why they are shorter lol.
If posts are being deleted then MAYBE it's because we are trying to keep threads from being derailed and on track. If only happy thoughts were allowed then your post would not be considered relevant and would be recycled. We don't ask or expect all to be in total agreement or not to express frustration/disappointment with this season. What we do ask, however, is that people stay on topic and stopped sniping/digging/gigging/jabbing at each other. It is very funny to read that GTSwarm is either supposed to be all "only happy thoughts please" or we've "slowly walked towards stingtalk status". Oh well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday (or not, if that is your preference).:)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Not apathy just people aren’t overreacting which drives post count as most understand our situation, transition, talent status. Only a few deniers and defenders now drive post count

And yes this board has slowly walked toward stingtalk status
More like BuzzOff.com or the AJC comments section

I’ll say this. There is a huge demand on my time, both personally and professionally. I’ve got a two year old and a two month old at home and I have incredibly high demands on my time at work...often over the weekends. It is my choice to spend my Saturdays going to Tech games, and I’ve been to every one but maybe two for the last twenty years.

With all of this in mind, when I was watching our offense in the first half yesterday I questioned why I was spending my entire Saturday doing something that fell well short of enjoyment. I love Tech football, but what we’ve looked like on offense for most of the year is an absolute dumpster fire. There are plenty of other things that I could be doing that would make me happier than sitting through that watching a team that has little chance to win and had shown almost no improvement through 4.5 games.

That said, I was on my way out of the stadium in the fourth quarter and stopped in the stairway to watch one more offensive drive. We drove down the field and scored in something like four plays. So I went back to the stands. Then the defense fell apart completely and we stalled on offense so I took off.

In short, it’s hard to get excited right now, but I saw some glimmers of hope in the second half. If we can build on that fans will be ok, if not attendance will start to dwindle, and the Saturday after Thanksgiving will look even more red than it usually does.
No matter how much I may complain, I NEVER leave a game early, no matter what. I stay till the very end, even if it's pouring down rain, or if we are getting totally blown out by the opposition, or if we are totally blowing out the opposition. I may have a 2 1/2 hour drive ahead of me to get home, but I am there to cheer on the White and Gold, and to show my support for the players and coaches, even if I may not like them or the decisions they make.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
At this point I'm going into games not expecting to win. I just want to see improvement. I did yesterday (on O -- not D). It's honestly much easier to watch with that mentality. That being said, I'm not calling for any coaches heads. I will be patient for a year or two. I wonder if everyone else feels that way as well.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
At this point I'm going into games not expecting to win. I just want to see improvement. I did yesterday (on O -- not D). It's honestly much easier to watch with that mentality. That being said, I'm not calling for any coaches heads. I will be patient for a year or two. I wonder if everyone else feels that way as well.

Probably most. It’s not really rational to expect much better anytime soon. 3 wins looks like our ceiling and it looks like we will need some help from the teams we play to get there.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
I certainly wouldn’t judge fan apathy based on numbers of posts on a particular teams fan forum. That’s a cop out and a failed analysis.

Speaking for myself only, the same “problems” can only be rehashed so many times before dead horse syndrome sets in. Most know what our primary problems are and those aren’t going to get remedied this year and probably next. This is a process that will take time to fix and bitching about it isn’t going to change anything.

I think it’s time to focus on the positives that we see such as the improvement in the passing game yesterday rather than the LOS disparities that we will continue to experience due to lack of depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Well, I was pretty furious after the Citadel loss, pretty mad after the Temple loss, and not really all that mad after the UNC loss so yeah, I guess with every loss the apathy sets in more and more. If we were a bit more competitive in the UNC and Temple games then the losses probably would have hurt more. I didn't think at any point during the UNC game that we had any chance of winning so when it finally ended I can't say I cared much.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, I was pretty furious after the Citadel loss, pretty mad after the Temple loss, and not really all that mad after the UNC loss so yeah, I guess with every loss the apathy sets in more and more. If we were a bit more competitive in the UNC and Temple games then the losses probably would have hurt more. I didn't think at any point during the UNC game that we had any chance of winning so when it finally ended I can't say I cared much.
This is pretty much where I am. As someone earlier mentioned, losing sucks but we seem to be losing in a particularly joyless way right now. I had pretty low expectations this season (like 3 wins) but I thought we'd be a little more fun to watch as we grew into the new offense.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
If posts are being deleted then MAYBE it's because we are trying to keep threads from being derailed and on track. If only happy thoughts were allowed then your post would not be considered relevant and would be recycled. We don't ask or expect all to be in total agreement or not to express frustration/disappointment with this season. What we do ask, however, is that people stay on topic and stopped sniping/digging/gigging/jabbing at each other. It is very funny to read that GTSwarm is either supposed to be all "only happy thoughts please" or we've "slowly walked towards stingtalk status". Oh well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday (or not, if that is your preference).:)

Someone’s post, is about to be, recycled.