Harrison Bailey

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Not even sure how hard our staff is going after him, honestly. Seems like it was wishcasting on the part of us fans. Based on what I see, I think the staff likes Gibson from Akron better.
The guy from 247 put in a prediction to us earlier. Unless he made that up out of the blue for the fun of it, there was something that prompted him to do that. Therefore I wouldnt really call it wishcasting. That was before Long was hired though and if he wants to go a different direction then so be it. I like the Akron kid too.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
From what I've read about Bailey, he's not mobile and he doesn't have a ton of experience. I'm not sure he's a good fit for a RPO style offense?

Yes Sims has had issues with turnovers, but he was kinda thrown into the fire - young QB's will make mistakes. He has, but he's also shown improvement.

As far as Sims hitting the portal, do you really think there'd be a big market for him? He's raw talent - very raw - and he's shown a knack for turnovers. He'd likely be transferring into a backup role or a direct competition for playing time.
He definitely would not walk into a power 5 program and be given the keys.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
gotta get your shots in on sims even when the admins moved the thread lol

gotta wonder why so many people got such an axe to grind
It’s not a shot man. Tell me a power 5 program that he’d walk into and start based on being injury prone, turnovers, lack of accuracy, and mental mistakes. My hope is he will greatly improve and do well. He has the athletic ability but don’t attack me for stating facts based up to this point.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It’s not a shot man. Tell me a power 5 program that he’d walk into and start based on being injury prone, turnovers, lack of accuracy, and mental mistakes. My hope is he will greatly improve and do well. He has the athletic ability but don’t attack me for stating facts based up to this point.
Then don't attack players. Coaches fine but not players.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Then don't attack players. Coaches fine but not players.
I did not hear it as an attack. Sims was the object of a post, but the subject of the post is that players have to earn playing time when they join a new team. Even Gibbs will have to earn his way into the lineup at Alabama, though his past performance indicates a high probability of success.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Communists don't try to censor opinions, totalitarian regimes do. Just saying...
If you want to pretend that the two have been different in practice, I suppose.

Regardless, I don't think it is a shot when someone says that it's unlikely Sims could walk into many P5 programs and 'be given the keys.' I'm guessing, just like everyone else, he'd have to win the spot over the incumbent. He well might, mind you...I think he's got a good upside left. But what @Tech93 said really wasn't an attack unless you are pre-disposed to see it that way.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Regardless, I don't think it is a shot when someone says that it's unlikely Sims could walk into many P5 programs and 'be given the keys.' I'm guessing, just like everyone else, he'd have to win the spot over the incumbent. He well might, mind you...I think he's got a good upside left. But what @Tech93 said really wasn't an attack unless you are pre-disposed to see it that way.
Jeff Sims hasn't yet developed into a QB who would be given the keys. He'd certainly have to earn them. Looking forward to his play next year under new management.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If you can make a convincing case that there is a strong positive correlation between moderation levels and wins/losses I would be willing to walk away from the pay, perks and prestige of this glamorous gig! ;)
Though I think you have the winning argument about correlation I would still not risk my Park Avenue penthouse if I were you. These other guys have no idea how much this gig pays.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Haha. Relating your posts on a message board to our actual football team? 😂 Sure. And the shirt you wear to the game changes the outcome too!
What?? Are you suggesting that the shirt I wear to watch the game doesn't affect the outcome? You mean I have burned over a dozen "unlucky" shirts the last few years without reason? No, no, no....I just have to find a shirt that has more than one (1) win in it. I thought the shirt I wore for the UNC game was it, but alas, it got burned the next week. Being a GT fan can be an expensive proposition!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

I was commenting on the censorship issue only. I was neutral on any other issue. Didn't comment on that.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

Regardless, I don't think it is a shot when someone says that it's unlikely Sims could walk into many P5 programs and 'be given the keys.' I'm guessing, just like everyone else, he'd have to win the spot over the incumbent. He well might, mind you...I think he's got a good upside left. But what @Tech93 said rDo you think G

He definitely would not walk into a power 5 program and be given the keys.
You think Gibbs will walk into the Bama program and be given the starting RB role? No way, he will have to earn it. The only guys who are truly given the keys are in a situation like Western Kentucky where the new OC brought in his starting QB and receivers from his prior school and implemented the Air Raid offense. That is the very rare case where a new guy is given the keys immediately!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
You think Gibbs will walk into the Bama program and be given the starting RB role? No way, he will have to earn it. The only guys who are truly given the keys are in a situation like Western Kentucky where the new OC brought in his starting QB and receivers from his prior school and implemented the Air Raid offense. That is the very rare case where a new guy is given the keys immediately!
I personally think he will EARN a starting job practically anywhere he goes, he is that good