Harrison Bailey

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
I have looked everywhere for a status in Bailey and haven’t had much luck.

Personally I’m excited about the possibility of getting Harrison and what LoNG MIGHT be able to achieve next year. It’s been a miserable 3 years I’m ready for something to give me hope.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I think Bailey would be a great addition. Long will have to develop a quick release offense with whoever is playing QB. Pnut did too many 5 step drop back passes with the OL we had.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Just read that we probably should not expect Sims and Bailey to be on the same team. Which would make sense seeing that one is a transferring senior looking for immediate PT and the other has started since his freshman season when healthy

slugboy

Staff member
QB and OC debate got its own thread

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Just read that we probably should not expect Sims and Bailey to be on the same team. Which would make sense seeing that one is a transferring senior looking for immediate PT and the other has started since his freshman season when healthy

Guessing because they both want to be clear # 1 somewhere. So if you bring in Bailey, you may risk Sims going to the portal. Glad I don't have to make these decisions.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I say bring in the best talent you can and let the chips fall where they may. If Sims is confident in his abilities, he'll stick with us and if not, he'll transfer.
Two things he has over Bailey - experience and maneuverability. We should always foster competition. Let the best QB win the starting job.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I say bring in the best talent you can and let the chips fall where they may. If Sims is confident in his abilities, he'll stick with us and if not, he'll transfer.
Two things he has over Bailey - experience and maneuverability. We should always foster competition. Let the best QB win the starting job.
I guess at some point most everyone will have taken a ride on the Portal Carousel and be 'stuck' with their new commitments. Maybe this will slow down a bit then...until then it's way worse than professional where they at least have to honor their initial contracts.

JacketFan137

Banned
I guess at some point most everyone will have taken a ride on the Portal Carousel and be 'stuck' with their new commitments. Maybe this will slow down a bit then...until then it's way worse than professional where they at least have to honor their initial contracts.
i think if we didn’t see coaches just up and leave all the time then i would feel the same. college football just isn’t built around long term commitment haha

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
No longer predicted to GT according to 24/7.
I imagine he's looking to go somewhere that he has a high percentage of starting and a better offensive line situation. He should also be looking for an offense that is more play action, pocket passer oriented. There are not a lot of those left though.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
From what I've read about Bailey, he's not mobile and he doesn't have a ton of experience. I'm not sure he's a good fit for a RPO style offense?

Yes Sims has had issues with turnovers, but he was kinda thrown into the fire - young QB's will make mistakes. He has, but he's also shown improvement.

As far as Sims hitting the portal, do you really think there'd be a big market for him? He's raw talent - very raw - and he's shown a knack for turnovers. He'd likely be transferring into a backup role or a direct competition for playing time.