Harrison Bailey

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Regardless of how good he is, our QB depth right now is Sims, a 3-star R-Fr in Perry, a Temple transfer who played in five games over 3 years, and whoever we bring in for this class from highschool. We need a P5 transfer QB bad as a hedge against a Sims injury/benching.

JacketFan137

Banned
Regardless of how good he is, our QB depth right now is Sims, a 3-star R-Fr in Perry, a Temple transfer who played in five games over 3 years, and whoever we bring in for this class from highschool. We need a P5 transfer QB bad as a hedge against a Sims injury/benching.
also need to bring in some actual qb competition for sims. last year no one was really close. a better qb room will just elevate all of them

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
If you go to his bio on the transfer portal, it’s a 3 star. This is so confusing.
Thats because star ratings for HS players are subjective and basically worth the site they are coming from. IMO stars are similar to the spin that statistics provide based on the side you’re trying to support. They basically dont mean squat, and the only thing that matters is production when they get to their school of choice. If that production doesnt pan out, then they now have an easy means of trying to produce somewhere else.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
He was a four star most of his high school recruitment and got a fifth star in the final rivals rankings due to his team going undefeated. Throwing to Arik Gilbert and Ricky White(4 star at Michigan State) also had a a 4 star receiver a class ahead of them that went to Tennessee. We recruited him pretty hard in high school per a rivals article I read at the time, but it was all kept private because he was committed to UT. Would be great to have him come in and compete, but don’t think he’s just coming here and blowing out Sims.

LoganGTweed

Georgia Tech Fan
The last thing we need to worry about after last year is too much depth in the QB room. With Yates transferring out, the only experienced QB we have on roster is Sims who struggled staying healthy and at times struggled with accuracy. Peery is a redshirt-freshman with no game experience, and we haven't signed any other QBs yet.
Zach Pyron is coming in

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
We have won 9 games in 3 years. Not much to be positive about tbh
True. And everyone on here knows that. There's really no reason at this point in wallowing in it. It's in the past. Time to turn the page.

I can be as snarky as anyone, so I get the momentary endorphin release we get by venting our frustration. But it's not changing anything and it just makes me feel worse overall.

If we don't have something at least neutral to say maybe there's not a lot of point in saying it at this point.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
True. And everyone on here knows that. There's really no reason at this point in wallowing in it. It's in the past. Time to turn the page.

I can be as snarky as anyone, so I get the momentary endorphin release we get by venting our frustration. But it's not changing anything and it just makes me feel worse overall.

If we don't have something at least neutral to say maybe there's not a lot of point in saying it at this point.
I thiink what people are still worried about is. Has the page really turned or are we in for another year of beatings? There will probably be a lot of consternation until we find out who is running the Offense and Defense with the new coordinator hires. I hope and wish the page is turned. But has it?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
On offense, we need an accurate passer who limits turnovers and makes good decisions. Also, need a really good offensive. The other pieces are there if we get the right OC. On defense, I think we have a lot further to go.

LoganGTweed

Georgia Tech Fan
Can discuss that over in recruiting. Don't count those eggs before they hatch.

EDIT: Of course we're discussing transfers here so I'm not sure what the etiquette is.
I thought you were just saying we don’t have any more QB’s coming in the future in general. That egg will also 100% hatch