Happy new year (and turning over a new leaf, plus a request)

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I want to suggest a 3 month ban every time someone responds to a post by saying someone says hello. Can you fix that while you are fixin’ Stuff?
Ditto for anyone using the word “mediocre” or any derivation of it.

Also, ban anyone who repeats the same thing on the same or multiple threads. I absolutely hate it when someone is repetitively redundant over and over again.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
This is outstanding advice. I can't count the number of times during the last 5 years especially where I've typed out a response to someone only to leave the page, do something else for a while, then ask myself what I'm trying to accomplish by responding and then ask the next, obvious question, do I think I'll actually accomplish that goal or just make myself more frustrated. Most of the time I move on and don't respond. :)

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Slug, happy new year, but why don’t you mind your own damn business. If I want to reply in a hostile manner towards a post I disagree with, then by God I will. This response was completely tongue in cheek, and I will take heed to what you said in the OP. Happy New Year Yellow Jacket Fam.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'd love to say I thought for more than 90 seconds before writing this, but sadly I didn't.

It's the first day of 2019, and we have most of a new coaching staff. I think most of us would like to see them get off to a new start without any baggage from the previous coaching regimes.

I did see a piece of reflection that said "I became a lot happier watching my team after I learned to watch them for what they were, rather than what I thought they were". Maybe I'm not 100% aligned with that, but I'd like to watch what Collins and our players and the other coaches do, and temporarily give them a pass on Temple and the last 3-4 years of GT football, or whereever they were last year. At least, I'd like to get through January in a lighter spirit than I came into it.

My request: when you see someone is just a little wrong on one of these threads, get up, pet your dog, wait 10 minutes, and see if you can let that part go.

Instead of a correction, respond back with something on the original topic.

Really, sometimes these message board arguments will actually go away if you talk about the real topic at hand instead of the off topic thing someone threw into the conversation.

It's not just here, either:
duty_calls.png

Stop hating on me bro! :D:ROFLMAO::p

It’s hard to let an intentional false narrative go. Or willfully ignorant ones.

Oh Damnit. I’ll try. No promises. It’s not one of my New Years resolutions. Commenting less than usual is though so same affect. Happy New Years GTSwarm and especially our mods.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
This is outstanding advice. I can't count the number of times during the last 5 years especially where I've typed out a response to someone only to leave the page, do something else for a while, then ask myself what I'm trying to accomplish by responding and then ask the next, obvious question, do I think I'll actually accomplish that goal or just make myself more frustrated. Most of the time I move on and don't respond. :)
jojatk, I love your avatar. Starblazers was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid. :)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
jojatk, I love your avatar. Starblazers was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid. :)

Starblazers was an absolute staple/MUST WATCH for me growing up and then when I got to GT it was on every Friday morning. Every Friday I had an English paper due and my buddy Junichi (from Japan) had a Physics quiz and we’d stay up all night helping each other and then watch Starblazers together. He would always tell me what the differences were between the US version and the Japanese version (mostly they had more blood and death... hah hah).

Animal02

Banned
Stop hating on me bro! :D:ROFLMAO::p

It’s hard to let an intentional false narrative go. Or willfully ignorant ones.

Oh Damnit. I’ll try. No promises. It’s not one of my New Years resolutions. Commenting less than usual is though so same affect. Happy New Years GTSwarm and especially our mods.
Yeah...it is in my nature to tell engineers why and how they are wrong......30 years of practice. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
So can we just talk about how pretty the weather has been recently since conversations and disagreements are so bad? I saw a butterfly a few months ago too!

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
She said she wasn't going to clean-up after both of us. Not sure what she is talking about I do hit pot a good 70% of the time**.

** except when I get up during the night.

FIFY, in the interest of honest disclosure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Back to work kw

Long ago we had a. Dark glass building that had one office which had a window over looking a pool ( that had tree between the nearest office.)

Lady liked nude son bathing.

Was cool till the gawkers turned on the lights in the room. She apparently looked up and saw the room full ! I got the call and yet saw nothing.

Pigs get fat.
Hogs get slaughtered.