Happy new year (and turning over a new leaf, plus a request)

slugboy

Staff member
I'd love to say I thought for more than 90 seconds before writing this, but sadly I didn't.

It's the first day of 2019, and we have most of a new coaching staff. I think most of us would like to see them get off to a new start without any baggage from the previous coaching regimes.

I did see a piece of reflection that said "I became a lot happier watching my team after I learned to watch them for what they were, rather than what I thought they were". Maybe I'm not 100% aligned with that, but I'd like to watch what Collins and our players and the other coaches do, and temporarily give them a pass on Temple and the last 3-4 years of GT football, or whereever they were last year. At least, I'd like to get through January in a lighter spirit than I came into it.

My request: when you see someone is just a little wrong on one of these threads, get up, pet your dog, wait 10 minutes, and see if you can let that part go.

Instead of a correction, respond back with something on the original topic.

Really, sometimes these message board arguments will actually go away if you talk about the real topic at hand instead of the off topic thing someone threw into the conversation.

It's not just here, either:
duty_calls.png

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to say I thought for more than 90 seconds before writing this, but sadly I didn't.

It's the first day of 2019, and we have most of a new coaching staff. I think most of us would like to see them get off to a new start without any baggage from the previous coaching regimes.

I did see a piece of reflection that said "I became a lot happier watching my team after I learned to watch them for what they were, rather than what I thought they were". Maybe I'm not 100% aligned with that, but I'd like to watch what Collins and our players and the other coaches do, and temporarily give them a pass on Temple and the last 3-4 years of GT football, or whereever they were last year. At least, I'd like to get through January in a lighter spirit than I came into it.

My request: when you see someone is just a little wrong on one of these threads, get up, pet your dog, wait 10 minutes, and see if you can let that part go.

Really, sometimes these message board arguments will actually go away if you talk about the real topic at hand instead of the off topic thing someone threw into the conversation.

duty_calls.png

thanks, Slug!!

Really, I would be surprised if we all agreed on everything. We are smart GT fans. :) What I wish everyone would do would be to state their opinions/beliefs without calling anyone out as being "dumb" or "stupid" or other. Having different opinions about college football and GT football are just that, different opinions.

Very seldom does someone on here say something like "it takes 15 yards to get a first down". When you hear something like that, an incorrect fact, pointing out the poster is wrong is fine, but for opinions, there is NO wrong. There are just opinions.

Thanks to you, slug, and everyone that helps this site be the best it can be.

Happy New Year, everyone.

thanks, Slug!!

Really, I would be surprised if we all agreed on everything. We are smart GT fans. :) What I wish everyone would do would be to state their opinions/beliefs without calling anyone out as being "dumb" or "stupid" or other. Having different opinions about college football and GT football are just that, different opinions.

Very seldom does someone on here say something like "it takes 15 yards to get a first down". When you hear something like that, an incorrect fact, pointing out the poster is wrong is fine, but for opinions, there is NO wrong. There are just opinions.

Thanks to you, slug, and everyone that helps this site be the best it can be.

Happy New Year, everyone.
What a stupid, asinine thing to post. You are really a dummy.

JUST KIDDING !!!! You are 100% correct.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

duty_calls.png
Well crap I don't have a dog. Do I need to go get one ? And what kind of dog? And what do I feed it ?

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Well crap I don't have a dog. Do I need to go get one ? And what kind of dog? And what do I feed it ?
I think for guys like us that don’t have dogs, what he means is “go get a beer, open the beer, drink the beer and see how you feel after that beer.” Most of the time we’ll feel like we need another beer and that’ll keep the posts in good spirit.