Halfway Through The Regular Season: What Do We Know?

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
We learned from before start of yr--
JT is as good as we hoped and the offense capable if we have very limited turnovers.
The Def is about what was thought- very weak on DL and below avg in back 7- usually.
The STs are decent --as good. could have been hoped for

The problem now is we have NO pushovers (even the weak teams are away games)--we literally could lose every game esp if we get key injuries.,doubtful but possible.

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
I think we've learned how good Justin Thomas is when healthy.

I asked PJ a while back about plays and playcalling, and he said that the system is set up so we can mix and match different pieces and be very effective. I think we're seeing that a lot more this year than last ... which is very telling. For example, last year we saw the rocket out of Spread and Double Flex. Now we're seeing rocket out of Over Green trapping the 3-tech with twirl motion off a whirly step (an exaggeration that doesn't make sense, but you option nerds get the gist).

I think we've also learned that you've got to go to class and stop smoking pot ...
I feel like that old SNL skit where Nicole Kidman was doing the Australian phone sex line "I have no idea what you just said . . But I love it!"

Seriously I wish I knew a lot more about the option but that is why this site is so great.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
My very high level thoughts

Offense is solid. About where they need to be. OL shown improvement. Edge blocking for the most part aside from duke has been good. All in all qb better than i would have guessed.

Defense is worse than expected. I think most everyone expected a d about equal to last years and they are worse. Not much worse. But fully worse. And much worse when u normalize this d for snaps played. The worst part of it for me has been the run d. It is just frustrating to watch.

Based on what i see with our run d. We have less than 10 percent chance of winning the uga game. Maybe 20 percent chance of beating clemson. Not sure on clemson. Will their qb be back?

Thats 3 losses. This team is still a 9 win potential team.

Wouldn't it be ironic if in the year we beat miami and vt, we lose to duke and unc? Lol. That would be a classic GT season. Ugh. I dont even want to think about losing to unc but we never play well there.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
33....didn't u predict a down game by us vs Duke....now predicting a sloppy game at UNC??......if this happens again I might hunt u down:p