Guys played hard, but were coached poorly again this week.

DawgCatcher

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe most Defensive Coordinators have realized that the bread-n-butter of this Offense last year was the pile driver 2-man dive attack of Laskey and Synjyn Days running behind Shaq Mountain. Their schemes this year seem designed to force us outside to eliminate this dive-play threat. Big speed players on defense and big defensive linemen winning the battle up front will give the TO fits all day long. The dive play always depends on the battle being won in the trenches. We encountered this double-whammy with Notre Dame. I believe we need to work on some different blocking schemes, maybe even some double-teaming blocking schemes where necessary to give our opposing Defenses some fits.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/college-football-lab-snapping-the-flexbone-offense/9197

Last edited:

Declinometer

Banned
I believe most Defensive Coordinators have realized that the bread-n-butter of this Offense last year was the pile driver 2-man dive attack of Laskey and Synjyn Days running behind Shaq Mountain. Their schemes this year seem designed to force us outside to eliminate this dive-play threat. Big speed players on defense and big defensive linemen winning the battle up front will give the TO fits all day long. The dive play always depends on the battle being won in the trenches. We encountered this double-whammy with Notre Dame. I believe we need to work on some different blocking schemes, maybe even some double-teaming blocking schemes where necessary to give our opposing Defenses some fits.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/college-football-lab-snapping-the-flexbone-offense/9197
You haven't heard? All of the college coaches held a month long "Stop the Spread" summit last winter in an effort to embarrass CPJ.

David Cutliff for President 2016

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
I did see our pursuit to the football on defense was not full speed by everyone on every play, that is effort...hope that gets cleared up...question why do you have Lands Davis in there on the final drive?? first game hasnt been in that type situation..... we have no proven B back threat....until that happens we are going to have a hard time running the ball consistanly Skov is not the guy......I would guess we will see more 5 man fronts from now on on our defense....that was the adjustment last year better on run and pass rush....and for the record the guy in the slot was ineligble we could throw it to him for a touchdown, but then it would be a penalty...thats why no one covered him.....and after 25 years of tape Johnson has tendancies out the wazoo...I mean who doesnt know on the first third and long we are going to try the qb draw??? and when we feel the safety is over playing the motion we are going to run the counter option....and pretty much every 3rd series or so we are going to open with a pass...and JT dont juke just use your speed get us a few more yards and hold on to the ball.....oh and would a shot gun with the spread option really hurt us to put in???I mean get those guys running up field and then squeezing down and then get under center and make em go back to discpline play....and what happened to the old belly we ran so well last year??
sorry for the ramble but just some thoughts.....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If I am not mistaken I think CPJ has said in the past if you can't make 2 yards you probably don't deserve to win.
Does thet mean if we can't make 2 on goal line stand early in the first q we might as well quit - for season?
What he means is "that was pitiful " but we heard that so often I will say something else.
It's kind of a change the subject from " since we didn't have the 210 lb back up qb in in that situation , are we working on getting him on some special plays so JT can get some rest and he can get some experience."

herb

Helluva Engineer
I agree that the play calling at the end of the first half didn't work out, but, and my view was only what we saw on tv, it looked like the receiver on the first down throw was wide open and running for a while if JT hits him. It didn't work out, but the play was there for the taking.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
On hindsight run out the clock in the first half and go in 21-7, but if JT completes the swing pass we probably score a TD.
I thought the play call on 4th down at the goal line was horrible, UNC had everybody packed in tight ... otherwise I thought CPJ called a pretty good game.
Players made some bone-headed mistakes, especially Jabari ripping the helmet off the QB ... and I believe that was a third down play and a stop without the penalty.

A made play here or there really would have changed the outcome of this game, but you know sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other guy ... their QB made the plays and ours didn't.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
Please for the sake of no more injuries. Change the scheme up some.play to our strengths .sham is not shaq agreed 2 diffrent body types .plus the acc knows who's on the line where the weak spots are .they have scout teams too.1st imo you are over working the line to much with that cut dive whatever it's called where their at the opponents ankles not blocking just on the ground that's not fooling anyone they just seem to step back or sacrifice 1 man to let 2 other D right through y our line is down and our qb is unprotected wide open to be read and pursued at will.the guys in the back are not blockers ,true they can do some blocking. Come on something has to give .common sense if something not working do something different. Gt scheme had become the thing to learn to beat. Now adjust to our opponents that have adjusted to us.i was under the impression gt cut block so much because the didn't have beef on the line .the line is pretty beefy now .use it throw a little SEC action in there ,catch you open off guard with something different. The run up middle is not there right now until it is tweaked and adjusted its not there .7 is not last year's 10 or 37 he is this year's 7 .71 ain't last year's 70 .the line isn't balance like 2014 balance it.seem no one is accounting for the fact sham didn't start but was surely a great back up on the left .I'm sure it's an adjustment for JT to see over or around 71 .if that's the case find something that he is comfortable with that works .71 can't get smaller and 5 taller.there are holes that open and close fast .may b some delayed run blocking is in order .i notice a lot of times they leave a space in front of the guard open. Looks to me to let that big guard through and then catch what ever may come behind him .71 not slow When energized ,he can b useful if used correctly. When he pulls ride him close at least to the 1st block then cut hard and fast. looks like they get off the pull train to soon and run in to a hand full of D. When it's pass ,well I have no answer. I notice when klock is in its easier for JT to see and assess the whole field and make a play but then the protection isn't there for long.short yardage situations 71 is good for as well but not like what I saw sat .at the goal line he was almost seriously hurt on his knees legs pinned getting bent backwards by an entire defense.(don't set us up for injury ) (i counted 21 injured players sat on the sideline)Basic football- defense job not to let you qb sneak up the middle in the red zone. Unless u can fly over a mound of bodies ,over the top ain't the way either .there are other options. It's time to out smart the opponents. CPJ it's on you. We already know Clemson ain't weak and they will be coming full force prepared to get some redemption from 2014 .do not serve them our players on a platter.our opponents think they have all our moves account for, they believe gt machine only works 1 or 2 ways and they have it studied and defeated. The element of surprise of some changes will give us some well needed advantages . Coach -coach the plays . scout team do extra homework .let the big one use his weight on the opponents. Try some middle passing it ain't always got to be long.i don't need a big play every time. Ten yards 2 downs I can live with, move the chains . O line get your adjustments in order (seawalk).defense b more aggressive. (Mr roof) adjust formations accordingly. fans b more supportive .this the sole opinion, observations and concerns of* Imab2*I mean no harm or disrespect to anyone. Humans 1st football 2nd healthy Jackets swarm ,the wins will follow .GO JACKECTS.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to take the other side of this. We came out in a no huddle, hurry-up to go slow offense. This folks, is good coaching.

All of our freshman (and new seniors) don't know where to go. The offense isn't running right because we're not getting the pre-snap reads right. CPJ figured this out and implemented the "look at me" offense, and we scored on our first three possessions. This works, because "look at me" means that CPJ is making the call on which play to run and which way to go. I hope we continue it, and I also hope we introduce Clemson to the offense run tempo (Oregon style).

/

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Did the Coaches tell A Joe to run 15 yards down field on the pass play to Lands-Davis that got called back? That was key play.