Guys played hard, but were coached poorly again this week.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
We came out ready to play. We were up 21-0, but then Paul made a lot of bizarre calls near the half and I knew if they got the ball they would score and make it 21-14. If we run the ball there we go into the half 21-7. Then Paul gets really stubborn again, as usual, when we had the ball on the 1 in the 2nd half and we couldn't score to go up 11. Roof still can't coach, and I don't care if he went to tech. Put a spy on the QB, hell put 2 spy's on the guy. It was like watching VT's big QB all over again. The guys played hard and I won't blame any of them. Paul and roof consistently put them in poor positions. We should've won the game by 3-4 TDs but poor coaching loses another game.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Paul seems to always have "problems with the team. " with the exception of last year. It pathetic we pay him over 3 mil a year and we are un prepared week after week

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Hindsight is 20/20 but I honestly don't get his situational calls sometimes. Yea if he kicks a FG from the 1 it ties the game BUT if Butker misses it.. we're all questioning Whyd we not go for it? The end of half decision made ZERO sense. You have a 21 point lead and just need to go into the half thanking your lucky stars they struggled early. What do we do? Pass, pass, pass and punt. That was what changed the game. DJ White had a sure pick 6 that he dropped. That was a crucial play that wasn't made. Bad decisions by CPJ 3 weeks in a row. We still cannot cover a mobile QB or crossing routes... how come UNC doesn't do that to other teams?

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Hindsight is 20/20 but I honestly don't get his situational calls sometimes. Yea if he kicks a FG from the 1 it ties the game BUT if Butker misses it.. we're all questioning Whyd we not go for it? The end of half decision made ZERO sense. You have a 21 point lead and just need to go into the half thanking your lucky stars they struggled early. What do we do? Pass, pass, pass and punt. That was what changed the game. DJ White had a sure pick 6 that he dropped. That was a crucial play that wasn't made. Bad decisions by CPJ 3 weeks in a row. We still cannot cover a mobile QB or crossing routes... how come UNC doesn't do that to other teams?
No offense to you but I'd rather take my chances on butker kicking 2 fgs and taking some of the pressure of being 2 scores down off. I understand what you're saying and it might be me saying "why didn't we go for it when we know butker struggles with the easy ones". I don't know....... damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
No offense to you but I'd rather take my chances on butker kicking 2 fgs and taking some of the pressure of being 2 scores down off. I understand what you're saying and it might be me saying "why didn't we go for it when we know butker struggles with the easy ones". I don't know....... damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Oh I totally agree you kick the FG there. I'm just saying what would have happened under different circumstances. CPJ definitely lost this 1 for us with his decision making.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh I totally agree you kick the FG there. I'm just saying what would have happened under different circumstances. CPJ definitely lost this 1 for us with his decision making.
His decision making has cost us alot already this season. I'm guessing maybe he is trying to justify some risky play calling because of all the inexperienced players?????? Idk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Next week could get ugly fast. I just don't see how we can stop a mobile Watson. And the speed they have on D will blow us up in the backfield. Staring 2-4 right in the face. This is looking like 2010 or 2012 all over again.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Justin just isn't big enough for short yardage situations. Not having a Byerly hurt.
Feel not having Byerly for the past 3 weeks has hurt us. JT's size is hurting him this year in short yardage and he is having a hard time seeing over the line on his shorter passes. With that being said, CPJ is the coach and he needs to adjust his play calls to his teams strengths this year and I just do not see him doing that.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Justin was so cool last year under pressure that no matter what happened I thought we had a shot. This year Justin is playing like he doesn't trust the talent around him and trying to make plays that aren't there.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin was so cool last year under pressure that no matter what happened I thought we had a shot. This year Justin is playing like he doesn't trust the talent around him and trying to make plays that aren't there.

He's playing like he's the best athlete on the field and can juke anyone. Sad news is that he can't. He needs to learn to throw it away or give his guys a chance.

Rammy

Georgia Tech Fan
Living in Greenville SC, I am surrounded by Clempson and UGA fans, including my wife and father-in-law. After last years phenomenal season, despite receiving praise from all the anti-GT fans, I told them after the Orange Bowl win, this would be a very difficult year. Not only due to the schedule, but primarily due to losing the majority of our RB's and 2 WR's to the NFL. BUT, I also made the statement to watch out for us in 2016 when JT is a senior and the young, but very talented skill positions have some experience behind them. I was confident enough to say we may win it all!!! With that said, I expected us to struggle in 2015, but not to this level. Defense should be an upgrade this year, but not so far. And I truly thought our O-Line would be a little better, but not so far. I know this is extremely frustrating and this is not what I expected to this point, but I still truly believe 2016 is the year we do it!!!!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
When you lose everyone needs to take some credit including our fans, especially those, I told you so types that take more joy in being right than in Tech winning. That is pathetic and it seems we have a bunch of those in our small fan base. Hopefully they will find something else to do with their brilliance and stay the hell off of our message boards.

Go Tech!