guess espn still doesn't think much about Tech

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
While I like sneaking up on people, being ranked early and often helps with the new playoff system. After the CCG’s, not being in the top 8 or so will really hurt. Depending on how many conference champions are barely ranked. Let’s say the fifth conference champion and the Big 12 are not ranked. And ND is sitting at 13. If I’m not a Conference winner, I’m getting nervous.
Unless your in the SEC, they will have 4-6 teams in

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Given my ‘druthers, I’d like to face (and beat) a 12-0 Clemson squad.
But if we actually get there, I don’t much care who lines up across from us.
Yours is not a bad scenario, but I'm thinking about rankings and the CFP. If we win the conference we're in, obviously. But if we get to the championship game and lose, we want our SoS to be as high as possible to have a chance at being in the top 12. FSU steamrolling everyone else on their schedule helps us in that regard.
Naturally, these are all fantasy scenarios at this point in the season.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Classic Finebaum. I turned it off when this idiot called us a middle of the road team. Even his beloved Saban is giving us respect and this moron still plays BS political games. I’m not sure how he can be taken seriously. His show should just air on one of the political news channels.
It seemed to me like Finebaum's diss was more aimed at FSU than us ("you just got beat by a middling team") in the context of his overall comments. We were just collateral damage. Either way, like everyone says he's just there to entertain by being controversial, just like all the opinion shows nowadays. Anyone taking it seriously is missing the point.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
It seemed to me like Finebaum's diss was more aimed at FSU than us ("you just got beat by a middling team") in the context of his overall comments. We were just collateral damage. Either way, like everyone says he's just there to entertain by being controversial, just like all the opinion shows nowadays. Anyone taking it seriously is missing the point.
But people do take it seriously. Many miss the point and reiterate the garbage spewed by that Homer.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
All it took was one game.

What?!? Is that satire? That's just absurd. We won 7 last year and lost to Bowling Green. We may be better this year. But haven't proven a thing. It was a nice win, but FSU clearly was not the same team as last year. All this hype is as silly as Colorado's hype after upsetting (what turned out to be a not-good) TCU last year.

Ugh, we are definitely losing to GSU on Saturday... I've been a Tech fan long enough to have seen this movie before.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
What?!? Is that satire? That's just absurd. We won 7 last year and lost to Bowling Green. We may be better this year. But haven't proven a thing. It was a nice win, but FSU clearly was not the same team as last year. All this hype is as silly as Colorado's hype after upsetting (what turned out to be a not-good) TCU last year.

Ugh, we are definitely losing to GSU on Saturday... I've been a Tech fan long enough to have seen this movie before.
I think their “bracketology” has a formula that automatically pulls the number one team from each conference at that point in time.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
I

Didn’t know we were playing Southern. Much tougher game that State would have been.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
All it took was one game.

Apparently this automatically places whichever team is currently in first place in each conference to the top 4 seeds (conference winners). Since we are 1-0 and in sole possession of 1st place in the ACC we get the ACC slot.

I'm sure they use one of their power rankings for the G5 & at large births. Notice the 7 at large are 4 SEC, 2 B1G, ND. First 4 out are 2 more SEC, 1 B1G, 1 ACC. The ACC and Big 12 are going to have difficulty getting a second team in the playoffs with the current media slant towards the P2.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Apparently this automatically places whichever team is currently in first place in each conference to the top 4 seeds (conference winners). Since we are 1-0 and in sole possession of 1st place in the ACC we get the ACC slot.

I'm sure they use one of their power rankings for the G5 & at large births. Notice the 7 at large are 4 SEC, 2 B1G, ND. First 4 out are 2 more SEC, 1 B1G, 1 ACC. The ACC and Big 12 are going to have difficulty getting a second team in the playoffs with the current media slant towards the P2.
One thing is for certain… we play a MAJOR role in the future of this graphic.