guess espn still doesn't think much about Tech

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Do you guys realize that if FSU fails on just one of those fourth downs, they go scoreless in the second half?
Drop that mic, dcs ....
Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Classic Finebaum. I turned it off when this idiot called us a middle of the road team. Even his beloved Saban is giving us respect and this moron still plays BS political games. I’m not sure how he can be taken seriously. His show should just air on one of the political news channels.
Saban doesn’t have to play The SEC Narrative anymore. He can be more objective now. It seems he’s always had a bit of respect for GA Tech. When JT5 stated that he wanted to play QB, Saban suggested he contact Paul Johnson. Not sure how that all played out but it was quite consequential.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
See Ken Sugiura's take on top 25 below. Basically, need to take care of business with GSU. Quote from Franklin sounds like the Tech guys know what is at stake.

slugboy

Staff member
See Ken Sugiura's take on top 25 below. Basically, need to take care of business with GSU. Quote from Franklin sounds like the Tech guys know what is at stake.

I love this quote from Ken:

As an indicator, about the only thing less important than being in the Top 25 after Week 1 is being in the preseason Top 25. For example, after upsetting TCU in their season opener last year, the Colorado Buffaloes of coach Deion Sanders popped into the Top 25 and then won three of their final 11 games. It’s like being in the lead of the Daytona 500 after the first 10 laps. It doesn’t guarantee much.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
This is why rankings shouldn’t exist for several weeks. I know that one is a computer generated one, but it’s always the same story. We beat them on a neutral field with no flukes or craziness. There is no way they should be ranked above us in any polls this week
I disagree, if we win vs State and enter the polls i'll be so happy. We haven't been ranked in 9 years, we are so due.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Classic Finebaum. I turned it off when this idiot called us a middle of the road team. Even his beloved Saban is giving us respect and this moron still plays BS political games. I’m not sure how he can be taken seriously. His show should just air on one of the political news channels.
ESPN is just political sports, spouting the party line. Nothing to see here. Nothing at all.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
ESPN is just political sports, spouting the party line. Nothing to see here. Nothing at all.
Honestly, they need GT to pull ACC “upsets” and for their beloved SEC Dwags to take care of business. That way they can continue this “middling GT” narrative and use it to knock down the whole conference.
There’s only one way I see to fix this….

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
He would rank 15 of the 16 SEC schools in the Top 25 (probably would opt out on Vanderbilt). He has limited respect for the Big Ten and thinks all of their other teams are inferior to almost all SEC schools.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think GT should be ranked yet. We need to prove Key's point of being consistent winners. I think that would mean starting 4-0 and winning or having a close game at Louisville. Starting 5-0 would get us ranked and set us up for a brutal 2nd half schedule.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
FPI is basically for gambling. We were about 50th-60th last week. We moved up 6 or 7 spots, just like FSU moved down 6 or 7.
Anybody who bases his college football bets on a computer ranking has rocks in his head. Obviously, the computer didn't watch the game. Tech just lined up and beat them, straight up in the trenches.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Anybody who bases his college football bets on a computer ranking has rocks in his head. Obviously, the computer didn't watch the game. Tech just lined up and beat them, straight up in the trenches.
As far as I know, the computers only have last year’s data to go on at the beginning of a season. Humans have the advantage of being able to factor in the multitude of “tangible intangibles” like returning production, coaching and scheme changes, etc. Perhaps someday an A.I.-based system will do better. Until then, it usually takes at least 4 games against one’s peers to get meaningful predictive data.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
While I like sneaking up on people, being ranked early and often helps with the new playoff system. After the CCG’s, not being in the top 8 or so will really hurt. Depending on how many conference champions are barely ranked. Let’s say the fifth conference champion and the Big 12 are not ranked. And ND is sitting at 13. If I’m not a Conference winner, I’m getting nervous.