GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We probably aren’t going to find out what happened there, but what happened there?
Fletcher had a foot injury at the beginning of last season. She very recently had surgery on it.
McQueen got benched near the end of her last game. I‘m not saying that is just cause to transfer, and I have no idea what was said in private later on. Her picture was taken off the roster on ramblinwreck.com !

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I will say, one thing we don’t do enough of is post offense. Cubaj, Hermosa, and Stautmane are three very tall very imposing players. But they don’t drive enough. Lotta-Maj spends more time in the paint than them and I think that’s an issue. Our Bigs need to be Bigs. Rough loss. But 4-1 ain’t a bad record.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I know. But we got out-hustled in the first half. We hustled in the second half. We didn't get too tired, just ran out of time. The refs were calling all of Auburn's flops against us in the first half. And we did miss both, but we could have pulled the dub if we had showed up to play.
Yeah, it was kinda like watching the Italian National Soccer Team in the first half.

It was funny seeing the look of umbrage on their coach’s face in the 2nd half, when they got called for an offensive foul right in front of their own bench.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A leftover from the early signing period(noticed that they mentioned Paris, who could not sign and omitted Ines Nogeuro Outerial, who did ink her letter:
i

18. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Previous ranking: N/A
Highest-ranked commit: PG Tonie Morgan (No. 24)

Nell Fortner & Co. did a great job of recruiting in their region for this cycle. Morgan is out of Florida's Lake Highland Prep and is one of the best point guards in her class. No. 61 Kara Dunn, from in-state Mount Paran Christian School, is a forward who can score in bunches. Four-Star guard Paris Miller is a high-level perimeter defender who can shoot the 3 and create off the dribble. Three-star Raven Boswell out of Texas is a lefty who likes the pull-up jumper.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Joyce Edwards in S.C.
Camden HS c/o 2024 * 4.95GPA * 3-Sport Athlete
1000PtClub, 3A State coPOY * 2021 GUAA 17U National Champions
Ga., Tenn., Vandy, Oregon, GT, Oregon St., Washington, Stanford, Va. Tech, Arizona

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hofstra comes into Wednesday’s matchup on a two-game win streak, having defeated Malloy and most recently, Loyola Maryland. Guided by third-year head coach Danielle Santos Atkinson, the Pride are facing their first ranked opponent since 2015. JaKayla Brown leads the Hofstra offense with a team-high 15.7 points per game average. Jaylen Hines follows averaging 10.7 points and a team-high 5.7 rebounds per game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hofstra comes into Wednesday’s matchup on a two-game win streak, having defeated Malloy and most recently, Loyola Maryland. Guided by third-year head coach Danielle Santos Atkinson, the Pride are facing their first ranked opponent since 2015. JaKayla Brown leads the Hofstra offense with a team-high 15.7 points per game average. Jaylen Hines follows averaging 10.7 points and a team-high 5.7 rebounds per game.

Nooner with stats at http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=374092

And Volleyball at 1400

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Prior to 2004, Hofstra had the nickname “The Flying Dutchmen,“ named after the ghost ship. Now, they are “The Pride.” A group of lions. We are 3-0 against them in the series, so let them be kittens today.

We still haven’t beat Auburn in that series. Totally shocked me Sunday.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Little Rock Trojans put some rubber between themselves and the Auburn Kitty Cats today, 57-49. Yes, the same roaring Tigers without a lake that put a dunking on our beloved Lady Jackets just 3 days ago.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The Little Rock Trojans put some rubber between themselves and the Auburn Kitty Cats today, 57-49. Yes, the same roaring Tigers without a lake that put a dunking on our beloved Lady Jackets just 3 days ago.
What happened to us that day? Is our weakness at guard hurting us with McQueen gone? Or just...one of those days?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What happened to us that day? Is our weakness at guard hurting us with McQueen gone? Or just...one of those days?
Got down by over 20 something in the first half. Cubaj sat the entire 2nd quarter with two fouls. Tech would drop their shoulder when driving to the hoop, and the refs were calling the charge like you can only ride a horse if you are wearing a cowboy hat. We were taking shots without squaring up. Many were inside, off balanced and ball simply was not dropping. The AC for them had a defensive game plan of pressuring the ball, particularly the guards. Nell didn’t use her timeouts, and we didn’t adjust. Expended a lot of energy in the 3rd, and a shot at cutting it to a three point game went awry. Never got there In the closing minutes. That sad, rag tag bunch who had lost 19 in a row before last week, looked like National Champions running around their bench with the faithful that made that short trip from Alabama. A good lesson. CNF took the blame.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Got down by over 20 something in the first half. Cubaj sat the entire 2nd quarter with two fouls. Tech would drop their shoulder when driving to the hoop, and the refs were calling the charge like you can only ride a horse if you are wearing a cowboy hat. We were taking shots without squaring up. Many were inside, off balanced and ball simply was not dropping. The AC for them had a defensive game plan of pressuring the ball, particularly the guards. Nell didn’t use her timeouts, and we didn’t adjust. Expended a lot of energy in the 3rd, and a shot at cutting it to a three point game went awry. Never got there In the closing minutes. That sad, rag tag bunch who had lost 19 in a row before last week, looked like National Champions running around their bench with the faithful that made that short trip from Alabama. A good lesson. CNF took the blame.
More than likely the faithful who live in Atlanta.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
D41_9057.JPG

Buy Now
Buford's Ava Grace Watson
Nicole Seitz
Name: Ava Grace Watson
School: Buford
Class: Sophomore
Height: 5-foot-7
Nickname: AG
Place of birth: Atlanta
College choice: Undecided
Twitter handle: Ava_Watson2024
Favorite basketball shoes: Kobe’s or Kyrie’s
Best Gwinnett player not on my team is: Diana Collins
Funniest teammate: Samiya Wayne
Most points I’ve scored in a game: 34
Favorite gym: Buford Arena
Least favorite gym: Buford City Gym
Favorite sports team: Lakers
Favorite athlete: LeBron James
App I use the most: TikTok
Favorite restaurant: Olive Garden
Favorite teacher: Angie Miller
Noteworthy:
♦ Averaged team-high 12 points last season as a freshman, earning all-state, all-region and all-county honors
♦ Participated in USA Basketball U16 National Team Trials this year
Coach Gene Durden’s take: “AG is a coach’s dream to have as part of their program. She is a very skilled basketball player, but she has all the intangibles that make some players better than others. She loves her teammates, leads by example and never complains in any circumstances or situations. She is always working on her game and we cannot wait to see what she accomplishes over her next three years at Buford High School.”