GTWBB

Deleted member 2897

I mean, Michelle Collier has been putting in work for the Womens VB team. Honestly, I say her and Nell are the top two coaches at tech rn imo.

Golf, Volleyball, Women's Basketball for sure. Baseball was a bit come and go until lately, but he's a hall of fame coach. Keep your eye on softball too.

Our girls are in a slugfest against Clemson and up by 5 at the half, 36-31. I think if they can just keep taking it to the hole and taking the fouls inside, we can pull away in the second half.

Deleted member 2897

What a ****ing game. Down by 9 with 3 minutes left, we went on an 11-0 nothing run. Down to the wire - up 2 with 4 seconds left.

Edit - missed all our free throws but still won. LOL.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Definitely thought we threw that one away when we let them go from 60-60 to 69-60. What a final stretch by the jackets. Really bad night at the FT line, but still pulled it out. Hopefully they can get some quality rest and come out fresh against WF and Louisville.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Wow, up by 14 early in the 3rd quarter, if I'm not mistaken, and let that lead get away. Then down by 9 with less than 2 minutes to go and turned it on. Missed the last 4 free throws, but finished it off. Great job ladies! On to the next game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That was a squeaker. Tech w/ the final 11 points, and a 71-69 win. The one day rest certainly wasn’t a big help.

Lahtinen was a plus 13, had 17 points. Love had an opposite game from the last one. She was a minus 20, in 9 minutes only 1 FT. McQueen tallied 17.

Speaking of FT, G.T. was only 11-21. Again, opposite of the Syracuse game.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This was a great comeback from what looked like a certain loss.

McQueen will be a star in the ACC as she is just now coming around to this level of play. Wonderful game ending run for the Jackets.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
On to Miami. With another win we should be in the ncaa top 25 next week. We were 27th this week.
In the only ranking that really matters (the NET), GTWBB is ranked #20 as of 02/03/21. I agree that the next Top 25 should include GT with a win over Wake on Sunday.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
My mid season all-freshman/woman team:
Loyal McQueen, GT
Hailey Van Lith, Louisville
Maddy Westbeld, ND
Kamila Cardosso, Syr.
Gabby Elliott, Clem.

6th woman award-Priscilla Williams, Syr.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
1612615931564.png

Deleted member 2897

Talk about a roller coaster. So, in about a 15-minute span, we went from up by 14, then down by 9, and then score the last 11 to win the game? How cow.

I “watched it” on my phone and was hoping it was wrong...then not. I couldn’t make sense of it. I have a friend who was there live and he said his heart couldn’t take the last 3 minutes and had to resort to heavy drinking afterwards (a good excuse indeed).