GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Georgia Tech women’s basketball is set to visit No. 3 Louisville for a Thursday night tilt in the KFC Yum! Center. The Yellow Jackets and Cardinals will tip at 7 p.m. on the ACC Network Extra.

Georgia Tech (11-4, 9-3 ACC) looks to get back to winning ways, coming off a 61-52 loss to Wake Forest last Sunday that snapped a seven-game win streak. The Jackets and Deacs split the regular season series with each team grabbing a road win. Lotta-Maj Lahtinen, who leads Tech in scoring on the season, paced all scorers last Sunday, contributing 22 points. Lorela Cubaj continued her dominating performances with her ninth double-double of the season behind 14 rebounds and 11 points. Tech sits in third in the league standings.

Louisville (18-1, 11-1 ACC) sits atop the ACC standings with its only loss coming against NC State to open the month of February. Dana Evans leads the team and league in scoring, averaging 20.6 points per game, and is one of four Cardinals averaging double-figures on the season. Olivia Cochran paces Louisville on the glass, securing 6.8 rebounds per game on average.

Tech seeks its first-ever win over Louisville on Thursday as the Cardinals lead the all-time series, 7-0.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
BC/GT tomorrow has been shut down.

GTWBB ahead 27-23 at the half over Miami. Cubaj with a long sleeve on the knee and a special shoe on one of her feet.

Cubaj and Lahtinen have 4 points combined.

Sweet stroke by McQueen, as we need to get her open more.

Love impresses me whether she drops down to play the four or starts at the three. Did not know she made all A’s in H.S.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Whew...

Game Flow.jpg

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Picked 10th by the coaches and 9th by the media, G.T. is showing that 10 conference wins is only the baseline, with the ceiling going higher now.
No embarrassment losing to Ugaly in OT w/out Fletcher and Love. Losing the lead to Louisville when Cubaj went down. Playing the second game at ND and getting beat by a lousy basket and some lucky late game shots.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Picked 10th by the coaches and 9th by the media, G.T. is showing that 10 conference wins is only the baseline, with the ceiling going higher now.
No embarrassment losing to Ugaly in OT w/out Fletcher and Love. Losing the lead to Louisville when Cubaj went down. Playing the second game at ND and getting beat by a lousy basket and some lucky late game shots.
Don't want to rain on your parade but we were picked fifth by the coaches not 10th. And I think we were missing Boyd not Love when we played Ugag. But to pick up on the theme of your post these ladies have not been able to play all year with the full compliment of players so I agree the ceiling can definitely be higher. Not playing now with Aranaz or Bates. Bates ability to hit from outside would open up things on the inside even more. Aranaz would give us more depth on the front line. But not having Aranaz has also given more minutes to Love who may not have developed quite as quickly otherwise. The thing I really like about this team is they are not reliant on a superstar to carry the team. They all play with great physicality and are very focused as a team. That really speaks well of the coaching staff.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Don't want to rain on your parade but we were picked fifth by the coaches not 10th. And I think we were missing Boyd not Love when we played Ugag. But to pick up on the theme of your post these ladies have not been able to play all year with the full compliment of players so I agree the ceiling can definitely be higher. Not playing now with Aranaz or Bates. Bates ability to hit from outside would open up things on the inside even more. Aranaz would give us more depth on the front line. But not having Aranaz has also given more minutes to Love who may not have developed quite as quickly otherwise. The thing I really like about this team is they are not reliant on a superstar to carry the team. They all play with great physicality and are very focused as a team. That really speaks well of the coaching staff.
I was repeating what LaChina said.
Also, Love was not a factor. Coach is trying to get her minutes and Carter during these last half-dozen games. Even Boyd is getting back in shape, now.
We lost two players to coronageddon optional intervention. Two are injured still.
Seems like we carry two injured during most games this year. Which isn’t that extraordinary by itself.

Deleted member 2897

Nit of mine. At 10-4, we should listed 2nd in the ACC standings ahead of NC State at 8-2. Gotta start rewarding teams who play.