GTWBB

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Really? Well, I'm glad I don't associate with snowflakes who are offended when someone refers to females as girls.
We win a milestone game( More this week) and these replies are how this board celebrates? We should be discussing how Nell and staff do this with a short bench against the female version of FSU .Syracuse is very good! The two ACC women’s team that were playing poorly have dropped their seasons.

Deleted member 2897

Good lord almighty, many women do take insult with being called a girl. Many call themselves a girl. Just another day in the life of a man where whatever we say is wrong. :). But I don’t know anybody that would be insulted to be called Lady Jackets, women, or young women.

Meanwhile. This team is playing like fire. A 28-12 lead after the first quarter!? Wow!

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Chiming in as a female here... Just be consistent. It doesn't bother me if someone refers to the team as "girls" AS LONG AS they would also refer to the men's team as "boys." I recall a quote several years ago from an AD of a major college talking about his men's basketball team and then in the next sentence referred to his girl's basketball team. That was insulting and demeaning.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Go Lady Jackets!!!

... just tossing a couple of these out here...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210203-090210.jpg
    Screenshot_20210203-090210.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210203-085924.jpg
    Screenshot_20210203-085924.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 7

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So, does anyone follow bracketology for the ladies?
I am curious as to what the latest is in terms of predictions on where we might be seeded. Also, is the Women's Tournament also being held solely in Indiana like the Men's?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
To correct the last post:
There is no game on Saturday for the Lady J’s. They play here in Atlanta/McCamish at Noon on Sunday vs. W.F.

To answer a question up above, that doesn’t look like it was resolved yet:
The Final Four is scheduled for April 2 and 4 in San Antonio, Texas.

Deleted member 2897

My only concern about the game last night was that the vast majority of the game, 4 of the 5 lady jackets on the court had a knee brace or knee covering on one of their knees. We certainly didn't play like the walking wounded, but we dressed it.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Chiming in as a female here... Just be consistent. It doesn't bother me if someone refers to the team as "girls" AS LONG AS they would also refer to the men's team as "boys." I recall a quote several years ago from an AD of a major college talking about his men's basketball team and then in the next sentence referred to his girl's basketball team. That was insulting and demeaning.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
That's something they have worn all season.
Very few wore braces. More often than not they are wearing compression sleeves or "leggings" which are more about keeping the muscles warm rather than providing support/protection. Watch the men's games....several of them wear the same things.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
2024 GT recruit from Germantown. Played on the Philly AAU Squad.....

....my right arm got tired watching her. I’d cut my left arm off to be ambidextrous.
Stole that one from the late, great Glen Campbell. He also said, “I’m still schizophrenic, but at least we have each other.”

Deleted member 2897

2024 GT recruit from Germantown. Played on the Philly AAU Squad.....

....my right arm got tired watching her. I’d cut my left arm off to be ambidextrous.
Stole that one from the late, great Glen Campbell. He also said, “I’m still schizophrenic, but at least we have each other.”

She touched the line on almost every shot - most of them don't count as 3 pointers. :rolleyes:🤪

In all seriousness, 2024? So she's what - 13 or 14?

Deleted member 2897

My thought exactly. I am not sure I could hit 23 consecutive layups right now.

Layups are easy, I could probably hit 3 or 4 straight. :) Yesterday I was shooting free throws, hit 6 in a row (I've never gotten to 10).........thought I finally would have a chance....and then I SHOT AN AIRBALL. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This from MMMbee:
Wone-Aranaz looks fine walking around during warmups....but not participating in them. It may be some non apparent injury or issue.