GTWBB

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Look forward to seeing how much Digna can help ‘Bete blend in with life in the States, as they both are welcomed by our International contingent who love each other at G.T.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Good stuff. Is she playing in Europe or here?
Not in the WNBA, although she should be. She’s getting ready to lead the #14 Italian club in the FIBA EURO Basket Tournament. Expecting Cubaj to be on that team.
June 17, Thursday, 12pmET vs Serbia (game 1 of 3 in group play)

June 18, Friday, 9amET vs Montenegro

June 19, Saturday, is a rest day for all teams

June 20, Sunday, 12pmET vs Greece

Not expected to have any of our other International player invited.
Spain is #3, so Hermosa with her size has an outside chance. They have a few “bigs” ahead of her. Very experienced team.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Had a few overnight DM’s on The Hive to give some detail. Here goes nothing:

There are a few post players the G.T. Coaching Staff are evaluating in future years. Didn’t mention them, as they are drawing huge interest as National recruits. If we end up offering or getting a visit from any one or two of the three, it would surprise the experts. Not me though, because I’m biased and not an expert. Lol.

To describe a 2022 recruit mentioned yesterday, up above, I’ll give a brief summary: Raeven Boswell is a 6’0” guard with a great handle. Her shot has improved much in the last year and a half, during pandemania and play. SMU offered early. She’s from Lake Travis in Austin, Texas. Ga. Tech might be a really good fit for the coaches, academics and the ACC. Butler, Tex. Tech, Houston, UNLV, Rutgers, Tulsa, Texas, Texas St., Wichita St., have all offered her. She’s a leader, fine passer who plays excellent defense. Avgd. 15.1 ppg as a Soph., where she was a consensus top 10 for Texas. Gaining steam for her Sr. Year, she has become a top Power 5 recruit.

My “Tigers w/ a lake”(not a Clemson top 5 finalist)friend tells me Riley Stack is still open. SC, GT, Mich., Okie St., Ole Miss for this 2023 tall 6’4” post star. Just about all of the top schools in WBB have contacted her. I believe she stays in the South.

Mentioned in a tweet, Ms. Sanfilippo last night. Texas Arlington has re-offered her, after she decommitted from Syracuse. Morehead St., Hawaii, also offered. She’s a 2022 5’9” Guard. Nicole plays with our commitment Ms. Melious and for coach Dan. GT has not offered yet, nor has Louisville. Her dream school is UConn.
Boswell may be ahead of her on the Tech board.