GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
In Men’s basketball, we’re constantly vying for recruits against Xavier and other schools that we rarely if ever play. Basketball seems to be national recruiting.
The recruiting budget is much lower in WBB. Look at coaching salaries for instance.
Coach Gene Hill told me once, that the foreign players he recruited here and then at NC St., are flyers that you take. Good students who enjoy their future potential here, in a game they love. Coach Purcell ventured into Tenn., but mostly Ga.
When at Zelnak one day, I ran into a pre-med. recruit from Marietta, a computer engineering student from Atlanta-Fulton. Neither wound up here. LeLe Love started from a connection the staff had. We had to be fairly certain before going to Kansas, without Dorothy’s slippers for one recruit.

Deleted member 2897

Eleven in the portal screams something rotten at the Cuse.

Their coach looks like Quincy Jones. Related to nothing, but just thought I’d point that out.

I’ll blame Boeheim. Also for no reason, but why not.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You’re a winner, @orientalnc for recognizing Melious in a few of your previous posts, Good Brother!!

If I had to bet on a player becoming a star at the next level, it would be Nicole. She has that desire to get better each day. Hard worker, tireless. Her daddy is going to make certain she grows as a person, with the academics not getting lost in the shuffle. Great family, am being told. Don’t you just enjoy getting to know and follow, true Student Athletes?

Thanks so much for keeping us abreast! Wonderful postings.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You’re a winner, @orientalnc for recognizing Melious in a few of your previous posts, Good Brother!!

If I had to bet on a player becoming a star at the next level, it would be Nicole. She has that desire to get better each day. Hard worker, tireless. Her daddy is going to make certain she grows as a person, with the academics not getting lost in the shuffle. Great family, am being told. Don’t you just enjoy getting to know and follow, true Student Athletes?

Thanks so much for keeping us abreast! Wonderful postings.
Thanks for the kind words. I am a fan of women's basketball and want to help others see what wonderful athletes we have competing for GT.