GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Coach Hillsman under serious internal investigation by Syracuse.
Mean to his players, among other larger issues.
No wonder he had to recruit a whole new roster.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Cavinder twins from Fresno St. signed a cell phone deal after midnight yesterday. The brand new NCAA rule allows them not to get paid for competition athletically, but instead for their likeness.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m a week behind, but hearing Nicole has a new nickname, “Westbrook.” In a June 23 AAU contest for her Hoopers, she had a triple double of 26/14/10….

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Georgia Women’s College Player of the Year(The Coach Whack Hyder Award)2021:
Lorela Cubaj, Georgia Institute of Technology
Named ACC Co-Defensive Player of the Year; the first in Georgia Tech women’s basketball history
Named All-ACC First Team and All-Defensive Team
Averaged a double-double (12.4 points, 11.7 rebounds per game)
Led the team in blocks (34) and was 9th in the ACC during regular season
Nationally, ranked 11th in rebounds and 7th in defensive rebounds per game

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Still hearing 2025 Class for now, as offers pour in and stock rises(AAU Palmetto 76ers):

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
She’s actually had collegiate recruiters following her progress since 6th grade. Elementary School. It’s year round for her, the shooting coach, the fitness advisor, et al. This isn’t about the 125k salary in the WNBA.

Cam Schwartz’ dad actually contacted college coaches when she was in middle school. CMJ and her staff, followed her intently. She wound up at B.C., & has been torturing G.T. lately.

If you snooze, you lose. Coach O’ Leary told us it was like shaving, because if you miss a day…you look like a bumb.

My son and I were shooting around a few years back with a MBB player in the Zelnak Center, and a WBB Coach asked us if his recruit on an unofficial visit could join us? She told my boy that she was a 7th grader. Tremendous shooter.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
An Olivia homecoming…
I am glad we are playing this game. Granted, we might get waxed, and that would not be good. But we will never be an elite program unless we can play at that level. Way to go Nell.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Maybe too much gold kool-aid has been slipped into my tea, however a waxing is not what I’m thinking about. 1)Home game, so we should have them outnumbered, even with the Ododa attendees; (2)Gino is getting older and instead of #1 or final 4, they are closer to elite 8; (3)GT has the entire team returning healthy plus 3 newbies. We have talent, we have a nice coaching staff, we have experience & we are coming off two good seasons including arguably our best team in the history of the flats. Speaking WBB.

Paige Beuckers is an amazing shooter, scorer. Tech has some quick defensive chasers, DeMoss & Coach Butts will scheme.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff