GTWBB

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As a transplanted New Yorker, whose cousins still live in Staten Island, Nell Yeah!
Staten Island is the worst... except for Joe & Pat's and Ralph's Ices. I picked up some good Chinese food on Forest Ave tonight too.

I'm ready for Ralph's to open for the season.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Staten Island is the worst... except for Joe & Pat's and Ralph's Ices. I picked up some good Chinese food on Forest Ave tonight too.

Staten Island is the only borough where I have not spent a lot of time. I mentioned it to a friend and he said, "Keep it that way and you'll be happy."

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Staten Island is the only borough where I have not spent a lot of time. I mentioned it to a friend and he said, "Keep it that way and you'll be happy."
It's mostly a residential borough of NYC, so yeah, not much to do or see. Most of the time I've spent on Staten Island has been at my cousins houses. Which are both within walking distance to the Staten Island Railway, which you can take to the Staten Island Ferry to get to downtown Manhattan and then anywhere else you want to go in NYC. Free lodging to explore NYC, I'll take it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's mostly a residential borough of NYC, so yeah, not much to do or see. Most of the time I've spent on Staten Island has been at my cousins houses. Which are both within walking distance to the Staten Island Railway, which you can take to the Staten Island Ferry to get to downtown Manhattan and then anywhere else you want to go in NYC. Free lodging to explore NYC, I'll take it.
HA! I was just kidding. I grew up on Staten Island. It was a solid place to grow up.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
HA! I was just kidding. I grew up on Staten Island. It was a solid place to grow up.
Well, then you would know better than I. I grew up on a lake in Westchester County, where there was a lot less to do at the time then Staten Island. But we did have a lake to swim, boat, and ice skate in/on. My cousins from Staten Island would come up on weekends to spend time on the lake (usually only in the summer though...). Great times. Most of the Thanksgiving Day celebrations in my life have been with family in Staten Island.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Our ladies are getting some early love for next season. Number 11 in the waay too early Athletic rankings:

That's awesome. NC State at #10 is too low. Everyone is back and they've added two 5-star transfers and an incoming 5-star freshman. They are loaded