GTWBB, 9-2...now the 18 ACC games forthcoming(posting here)...

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

It looks like the Men's team can teach the Women's team a little something about "getting snacks" on the road, as I believe that I've seen photos of many players from the men's team struggling to contain all of their spoils...

Or perhaps it's the other way around, and the Women should be teaching the Men how to control themselves?

Either way, great wins all around for both programs. Keep it up!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
  • Overall 19-10
  • Conf. 10-8(The last time we had a record this favorable was 2013-14. GT was 9-7)
  • Home 10-4
  • Away 7-4(Unexpected, when you consider one of your more athletic players, Balogun, left in a blanket package to Sam Purcell...so she adapted to the group inherited)
  • Neutral 2-2

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
NCAA RPI for GT went from 68 to 71 this week, even though the only game was a road win at Clemson. NC St. is A.P.#10, FSU #22; Both clubs Tech defeated on the road.

RPI, RPI... it's all about RPI!!! Doesn't matter who you beat, even if ranked. Just ask the volleyball team.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Pitt. 67, upsets N.D. 65-
That will be our opponent, tomorrow at 6 pm.

Not sure if that's good or bad for us. On paper an easier opponent to get to the next round, but...

I think we needed to win our first ACC tournament game to have a chance to be on the right side of the NCAA tournament bubble anyway. IF, and I say if, we win this game, how does playing Pitt instead of Notre Dame hurt us RPI wise? Do we now have to beat NC State as well ?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That’s a great point, Cincy! I didn’t really consider #15 seed, since I was fixated on getting to the NC St. game in Greensboro. ND was #100 this week, while Pitt. has an RPI of 290. We know what happened with the volleybees, might need to beat the ‘Pack.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
That’s a great point, Cincy! I didn’t really consider #15 seed, since I was fixated on getting to the NC St. game in Greensboro. ND was #100 this week, while Pitt. has an RPI of 290. We know what happened with the volleybees, might need to beat the ‘Pack.

Anytime you leave your fate in the hands of a committee, you're taking your chances.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT by 7, 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

WF has pulled of two upsets. Clemson beat Miami by 15. Tech would have their hands full winning 4 in less than 92 hours.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
[emoji4]
ddf9b86dbb430cff1f372b87832d4e88.jpg

Deleted member 2897

Congrats on Beating Pitt...now onto the the next round against NC State. First season for Nell, and she won 20 games. 20-10 and hopefully not done yet!