GTWBB, 9-2...now the 18 ACC games forthcoming(posting here)...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Naturally a loss at Clemson today with a Syracuse win over BC, also puts us 8th.
Bottom line: Syracuse vs. BC game determines 7th or 8th for GT.
Orange win = 8th.
BC win = 7th.

Although, we all want to defeat Clemson and finish 10-8 instead of 9-9. 19-10 vs. 18-11.

Trying to simplify the formula, from a fan perspective on who to root for in the BC/Cuse match. Game is in Syracuse at 4 pm. BC is 17-11, Orange are 15-13.

Naturally a loss at Clemson today with a Syracuse win over BC, also puts us 8th.
Bottom line: Syracuse vs. BC game determines 7th or 8th for GT.
Orange win = 8th.
BC win = 7th.

Although, we all want to defeat Clemson and finish 10-8 instead of 9-9. 19-10 vs. 18-11.

Trying to simplify the formula, from a fan perspective on who to root for in the BC/Cuse match. Game is in Syracuse at 4 pm. BC is 17-11, Orange are 15-13.

Who gets 6th in a 3 way tie between GT, BC, and Syr at 10-8?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What's the guess for the ACC tourney and possible NCAA bid?
If we can win two in the ACC Tournament, should be in. Win one, and on the fence. Get shut out, we are probably in the last four out.

I made a mistake earlier. If we finish in a 3-way tie with a Syracuse win today, I believe BC becoming 1-2 vs. GT & Syr., gives us the tiebreaker(even though we lost to the Eagles), by virtue of Tech being 1-1 which is a better record in the three team parlay.

Looks like we finish 7th after our win, no matter what occurs in the 4 pm game.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
If we can win two in the ACC Tournament, should be in. Win one, and on the fence. Get shut out, we are probably in the last four out.

I made a mistake earlier. If we finish in a 3-way tie with a Syracuse win today, I believe BC becoming 1-2 vs. GT & Syr., gives us the tiebreaker(even though we lost to the Eagles), by virtue of Tech being 1-1 which is a better record in the three team parlay.

Looks like we finish 7th after our win, no matter what occurs in the 4 pm game.

I agree on all counts Buzz.

Must win the first ACC tourney game. Win the next game, we're in. Lose, and leave it up to a committee. Ask the volleyball team how that works out...

As for our ACC seed, the wording indicates that Tech should be the 7 seed. It says that ties will be broken among the tied teams based on the winning percentage of the combined conference records, even if the number of games played against the team or group is unequal. It makes no mention of awarding the top seed to the winner of that group and then comparing the next x teams.

Either way, go Jackets. Just Win. The 7 seed will be a much easier path than the 8 seed, but we are where we are...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I agree on all counts Buzz.

Must win the first ACC tourney game. Win the next game, we're in. Lose, and leave it up to a committee. Ask the volleyball team how that works out...

As for our ACC seed, the wording indicates that Tech should be the 7 seed. It says that ties will be broken among the tied teams based on the winning percentage of the combined conference records, even if the number of games played against the team or group is unequal. It makes no mention of awarding the top seed to the winner of that group and then comparing the next x teams.

Either way, go Jackets. Just Win. The 7 seed will be a much easier path than the 8 seed, but we are where we are...
Richard told me a few days ago that if Syracuse won and forced a 3-way tie, they get the 6th seed. He left the rest up to me to figure out, lol.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Richard told me a few days ago that if Syracuse won and forced a 3-way tie, they get the 6th seed. He left the rest up to me to figure out, lol.

And Richard didn't commit either way after the game today. Not sure how the ACC tiebreakers work, or just driving listeners to the SYR game? Or do I not know how the ACC tiebreakers work? Perhaps it will be a surprise tomorrow...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
BC wins 88-81.
They get sole possession of the 6th seed. Finish conference play 11-7.
G.T. gets 7th by the next best ACC record of 10-8.
Syracuse could end up with Louisville on Friday, because they end 9-9.

Those two teams each won on the road in their Atlantic matchups vs. each other.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I hope that UL coach doesn't get coach of the year. Either NCSU or Duke coach should get it. Nell would be in contention if we hadn't had that stretch of ACC losses.4 or 5 in a row I think. She has done a good job for her first year.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
NCAA RPI for GT went from 68 to 71 this week, even though the only game was a road win at Clemson. NC St. is A.P.#10, FSU #22; Both clubs Tech defeated on the road.