GTWBB, 9-2...now the 18 ACC games forthcoming(posting here)...

Deleted member 2897

Will probably lose by 10-12 tonight. Only about a minute left against #5 Louisville. Ladies shot 28% tonight. Pretty hard effort to only lose by that much against a top team when you shoot like that.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Will probably lose by 10-12 tonight. Only about a minute left against #5 Louisville. Ladies shot 28% tonight. Pretty hard effort to only lose by that much against a top team when you shoot like that.

Yes, we got deep into the paint a lot, but couldn’t get it to go in. Sometimes it looked like we were just throwing up prayers hoping to get fouled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Really glad she stayed with the team for her last year. Pan was terrific today.
Ferocious is the word I’d use. I remember one particular steal she made in the 4th. Intercepted the in-bounds after a score and, falling out of bounds and off-balance, managed to deflect the ball off of an FSU player. The look on her face as everyone go set for the in-bounds was diabolical—as if to say, “I am coming after you...after ALL of you...” It was cat-laser-eyes intense.

Stellar performance on Senior Day. I’m sorry to see her go, but wish her the best in her future.

Deleted member 2897

Big freaking huge massive incredible win today by the Lady jackets! Knocking off 2 ranked teams in one week!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
6 losses by less than 10 points, 3 of those games were in OT.
One of the players told a friend two days ago, that during the 5 game losing streak, we played with complacency. Team didn’t realize you have to bring your A game every night in this conference. Pan being the Senior leader was injured during that time. Let’s face it, the staff and players haven’t been with each other a year yet.
https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketba...-fortner-first-season/hKs9ii1iTR6OttVtKI8XlL/

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
From ESPN:
upload_2020-2-27_8-21-45.jpeg

upload_2020-2-27_8-22-42.jpeg

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if it's been stated elsewhere, but I believe that NC State's win over Syracuse assures us of the #7 seed in the ACC tournament IF we beat Clemson. Which would be a big advantage over the #8 seed based on how the bracket sets up for the ACC tourney.

It seems to get complicated to me because BC, who is currently the #6 seed at 10-7, heads to Syracuse, who is currently the #8 seed at 9-8 (with Tech as the #7 seed at 9-8 because of our head-to-head win over Cuse).

If BC wins at Cuse, we are the #7 seed whether we beat Clemson or not because of our head-to-head win vs Cuse.

If Cuse beats BC, and we beat Clemson, we are in a 3-way tie with BC and Cuse at 10-8. My understanding of the tie breaker scenarios is that the seeding would be (records vs. other 2 teams): #6 SYR (2-1), #7 GT (1-1), #8 BC (1-2) based on the following excerpt from the 2017 ACC site (the latest my lazy a$$ could find):

3. If three or more teams are tied in the standings, the following procedures will be used:

(a) The combined record of conference games between the tied teams involved will be compiled. Ties will be broken and seeds assigned based on the winning percentage of the combined conference records. The higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group is unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-0 is the same as 4-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-2; 0-2 is the same as 0-4).

It seems clear, but I seem to recall certain tiebreakers in other sports that seem to break the first tie and then pit the other 2 teams against each other, which would not work out in our favor. Is that due to different divisions in some sports, but not in others?

Any thoughts?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If Syracuse wins over BC, and GT wins at Clemson...we finish 8th(and potentially get paired up w/ Louisville earlier). If BC wins today, GT wins, we get seeded 7th. If BC wins, a GT loss, we still get 7th based on our Syracuse win in the two-way tie breaking scenario with the Orange.

Syracuse has defeated BC, 89-79, earlier. GT beat Syracuse and lost to BC.
So a Syracuse win today would give them a head-to-head 2-1 record in the three-way tie scenario. GT, would be 1-1, and BC 1-2. Although, BC would then be 10-8. Therefore, Tech cannot win that tiebreaker with BC since they beat us head-to-head earlier.

Last edited: