GTWBB, 9-2...now the 18 ACC games forthcoming(posting here)...

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
GT 13-3, 4-1 in the ACC.
Next game, Thursday 01-16-20 @Syracuse, 7:30 pm. It’s pack the Carrier Dome w/
SEASON TICKET HOLDER APPRECIATION NIGHT.

Orange are 8-7, 6-1 at home. 2-2 in the ACC.
Wins: #19 Mich.St. 77-63. #8 F$U 90-89 in OT. Defeated ND by 11, Houston by 25.
Losses: #7 Louisville 62-58. #1 Oregon 81-64. #24 Michigan 84-76 in OT. #3 Stanford 77-59. #22 W. Va. 71-69. Lost in Miami today 77-62.

Led by Kiara Lewis 17.6 ppg. & 5 rpg. plus 79 assists in 15 games; Emily Engster 10.6 ppg. & 10.9 rpg.; Gabby Cooper gets 9.3 & 5.4; Digna Strautmane avgs. 9 & 4 rpg.

HC: Quentin Hillsman is 296-152 w/ 8 NCAA appearances. 7 of them consecutively.
2015-16 they were the National Runner-ups with 30 wins. 4 WNIT berths, 1 was a semi-final season. 68-42 in ACC.
Sounds like a tall order.

Deleted member 2897

RPI has us at #24. That’s including a loss from last year that continues to screw up the calculation, and it doesn’t include today’s win. So my guess is our RPI is around #18.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
is there a free way to watch the ladies. i have sportz tv and i can never find their game. men yes. women no.

They are always on the ESPN streaming app....not the regular ESPN cable channels but the streaming app

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Just returned home from game. For a team with their record Clemson was ver aggressive. We stopped their 3 pt shooters so they went to an inside game. GTWBB hung in for a close victory. For those of you not attending these games you are missing a really good time! Women’s team needs and deserves your support. They are now 4 and 1 in ACC play.

Yeah I'll start going. I live close enough in Midtown! I just forgot about today's game and later watched the replay. Exciting ending! Love the Samuel L shoutout.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Going back to the 1974-75 season and moving forward for the Lady Jackettes, they have only been ranked in the polls during two seasons:
2010-11 highest was 24th in AP.
2011-12 high was #10 in Coaches Poll, and #15 in AP.
They did receive votes in the AP during the 2016-17 season.

The last time the GT Men were ranked was the 2009-10 season.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
So you go 2-0 during the week, beat the #11 team on the road and somehow drop 7 places in RPI from 22nd to 29th? That's some funny math. Am I mis-reading it?

/

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
My guess is that a 5-11 team with an RPI of 171(Clemson went up 4 spots, 175 last week)& #17 RPI(FSU was 17th last week, also)counteracted each other. The home game Sunday was not one of our better games. Calculating by the median, GT had a long way to go down to meet the Tigers, creating the 7 team drop.

We should in the least get some votes in the AP today.

Deleted member 2897

So you go 2-0 during the week, beat the #11 team on the road and somehow drop 7 places in RPI from 22nd to 29th? That's some funny math. Am I mis-reading it?

/

Every time I look the data is incorrect. It has an extra loss listed - UNC from last year - for some reason. If you click on our team name you can see the games included.

It’s one reason I wonder if we don’t get votes - the data people see is incorrect.

So basically it says we have a third more losses than we actually have. Our correct RPI number is probably around 20.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Every time I look the data is incorrect. It has an extra loss listed - UNC from last year - for some reason. If you click on our team name you can see the games included.

It’s one reason I wonder if we don’t get votes - the data people see is incorrect.

So basically it says we have a third more losses than we actually have. Our correct RPI number is probably around 20.
The numbers are correct by my count:
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-rpi

Deleted member 2897

/

Well also, keep in mind we were 22nd in RPI last week and got ZERO votes. 37 teams got at least 1 vote. So we were 22nd and were ranked > 37th, LOL. So based on that logic, I wouldn't expect to see anything earth shattering today. Hopefully the ladies will use that unwarranted disrespect to win some more games.

Deleted member 2897

GT got 5 A.P. votes for the top 25, this cycle. First time since 2016-17.
Need to win a couple more this week, force the issue to break through.

Yea shows you how the voting is half emotional, half rational. 22 RPI = 0 votes. 29 RPI = 5 votes.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
WBCA updates on Tuesday....GT hasn’t been ranked in this poll since 2011-12:

Women’s Basketball Coaches Poll
The USA TODAY Sports women’s basketball coaches poll is conducted weekly throughout the regular season using a panel of head coaches at Division I schools. The panel is chosen by the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association. The members represent each of the 32 Division I conferences that receive an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. Each coach submits a Top 25 with a first-place vote worth 25 points, second place 24, and so on down to one point for 25th.