GTWBB, 9-2...now the 18 ACC games forthcoming(posting here)...

Deleted member 2897

Last time I looked, we were around 20 in RPI but still not ranked. Typical.

Can Nell coach the men’s team too? :D

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Last time I looked, we were around 20 in RPI but still not ranked. Typical.

Can Nell coach the men’s team too? :D
Someone on the Hive answered that question for us, overnight.....they said: “Is that fair to the Women?”
I said it Tic on the Swarm after Ball St., and was told to “relax.” Tech folks should embrace the compliment. We have a coach earning her money for hoops. I can think of a couple million reasons, DeMoss and Nell could do it for. The players last night stuck with the game plan, even though they couldn’t throw it in the river on a rowboat for 3 quarters of the game. Mickie is intricate in her game planning. No CTO. Defense, first.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

I wonder if the reason Georgia Tech Women's Basketball team still isn't ranked is because people have their record incorrect?

We are 11-2, 2-0 in ACC play: https://ramblinwreck.com/sports/w-baskbl/schedule/

Under RPI, we are #23 despite them having us at 11-3, 2-1 in ACC play: http://www.realtimerpi.com/rpi_Women.html

And not only are we not ranked in the regular polls, we're not even getting votes: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/associated-press
That means we're not even in the top 37.

Our correct RPI if our record was correct is probably top 20. Crazy how we're still not getting any respect.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’ve got good news for you, my friend(s):
The committee knows the correct figures. Nell being a former Olympic coach and ambassador for WBB over the years, helps. I don’t care what anybody thinks, it is in the back of their minds on who is the coach for each team being considered. It’s like a Judge telling a jury, you didn’t hear that, strike the record.

GT would be in. Louisville, F$U, Dah U, NC St, VT.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Tough game on the road vs. Wake tomorrow. Wake lost at Miami by 3 and beat Duke in Durham. Would be a nice road win before going to Tallahassee.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Compiled a little summary, scouting report of WF on page 2 of this thread.
Game is at Noon tomorrow.

Told a friend this afternoon who plays, to take the points with Tech at UNC because we will beat them by a dozen straight up. I was off a point. I’m feeling a 10 point road victory tomorrow over WFWBB.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We're down early 17-10.
Looks like E$PN has replaced Nell with Holly Warlick. She’s doing color commentary on the U for Vandy. @ Fla. game.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Appreciate the information from Sir Richard Musterer(I’ve knighted him as GTWBB-HOF Announcer):
Nancy Mulkey(6’9” Rice center)is the daughter of Dolores Bootz who held the GTWBB career scoring record when she graduated.

https://www.recordonline.com/article/20060809/Sports/608090354

Thanks for the data and the thrilling broadcasts.
I encourage all of you Tech Hoop Fans or not, to listen on 91. 1 FM!
Great thread thanks,Buzzbomb!(y)

Deleted member 2897

Loss by 5. Wake was 8/16 from 3PT which was basically the difference in that close game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Noticed we had more TOs than Assists, 14-13.
Also, only 39% of FG.
WF made 4 more 3’s, Shot and made 3 extra FT’s compared to us.
Our Defense did a good job, but not enough Offense. Should be rectified in the future.

Great to have @YellowJacketFan2018 posting in this thread. He knows WBB, a lot.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
This result was what I was concerned about on the road against a solid Wake Forest team. Gave up way too many offensive rebounds in the 1st Quarter, which let Wake build a lead. Then never seemed to be consistent in any part of our game especially scoring. Need to be more consistent offensively, defensively, and rebounding to beat quality teams on the road. Hope we can put it all together for FSU next.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
G.T. is now 11-3, 2-1 in conference play.

F$U is #8, won in DahU today by 11. Miami should fall out of the 25, tomorrow.

Our game on Thursday is a road one, & presents quite a challenge. 7 p.m. tip time.

They are 14-1(7-0 at home), 3-1 in ACC. Lost to Syracuse 90-89 on the road.

Led by Kiah Gillespie 16.3, 9.4 rpg. Woolfolk gets 15.5, 5.8. The assist leader is Nicki Echomu w/ 76, she also scores 13.7 and 2.8 rebounds from the Guard position.

Good wins: #6/7 Tex. A&M 80-58 in Texas, #19/21 Mich. St, #24/22 Mich., LSU, Fla., St. John’s, VT 86-62, Clemson by 17.

Last edited: