GTWBB, 9-2...now the 18 ACC games forthcoming(posting here)...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jackets trail by 14 after 1st quarter.
2-12 FG shooting. Only 1 foul on the bright side.
Miami is 9-3 coming in, with only losses to top 20 teams.

gopackgo

Georgia Tech Fan
Man, I'd love to get more discussion going here about WBB, especially with the men's team almost certainly en route to another tournament-less spring. Super excited about the way the women's team has responded to last spring — I was sure with Balogun and Dixon gone, along with Joseph, we would take a MAJOR step back this year. So far, not the case. In fact, I'm wondering how much of the team's success this year is the work of Nell. If she's making a big difference (the players certainly seem to be responding to her), then maybe losing two extraordinarily talented players to a conference rival will work out in the long run.

Really impressed by the way Jasmine Carson has played this year - she was huge tonight and really has been all season. GT didn't have a deadeye 3-point shooter the last few years and they might have one in her. Fletcher and Lahtinen are so fun to watch with the way they hustle on both ends of the ball. Cubaj and Hermosa have had some big moments inside. The fact that I've gotten this far without bringing up Francesca Pan says something about the all-around quality of this team.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Carson wasn’t even used last year. Defense first is the theme of this regime. Next year without Pan, you will see a more fast-paced athletic team. Can you believe the recruiting job in less than 6 months? Usually, you start off one to two cycles behind. The chemistry is much better. Not to get too negative, but last year you had a coach unhappy with the administration and it bled on to the team(in turn, on to the court).

Forgive me for reposting from pg. 1:
Balogun 24 m. per game, 9.1 points avgd. and Dixon 14 minutes, 5.8 points p.g.
Alisha Lewis, 5 star we lost to ‘Cuse, has played 28 minutes w/ 7 total points.

TheWhiteKenyan

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, I'd love to get more discussion going here about WBB, especially with the men's team almost certainly en route to another tournament-less spring. Super excited about the way the women's team has responded to last spring — I was sure with Balogun and Dixon gone, along with Joseph, we would take a MAJOR step back this year. So far, not the case. In fact, I'm wondering how much of the team's success this year is the work of Nell. If she's making a big difference (the players certainly seem to be responding to her), then maybe losing two extraordinarily talented players to a conference rival will work out in the long run.

Really impressed by the way Jasmine Carson has played this year - she was huge tonight and really has been all season. GT didn't have a deadeye 3-point shooter the last few years and they might have one in her. Fletcher and Lahtinen are so fun to watch with the way they hustle on both ends of the ball. Cubaj and Hermosa have had some big moments inside. The fact that I've gotten this far without bringing up Francesca Pan says something about the all-around quality of this team.
Pan had an off night, none of her shots were falling. I also thought she potentially made a bad decision shooting a corner 3 with 20 seconds on the shot clock in the last minutes of the game. Was impressed by the resilience of the team to not give up after a poor start, I think some of that can be attributed to Nell.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Really bad 1st Quarter. If I recall, started better in the 2nd Quarter, but didn't gain much at the end. Started well again in the 3rd Quarter, but again, don't think we gained much as we let Miami respond. Started well again in the 4th Quarter, took the lead, and then shut Miami down. Miami made it interesting after we took a 10 point lead, but I'm so proud with the effort of this team. Didn't give up and kept fighting after they got down early. Go Jackets!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT is now 7-0 @home, 11-2 overall, 2-0 ACC. Losses to Rutgers 11-2, Tx A & M 13-1 ranked 11th in AP.

Next opponent, Sunday, @WF:
By common opponent contrast, Wake lost in Miami 59-56.
Record is 8-5, 4-2 @Home, 1-1 in the ACC.
Notable wins: Fla., Dayton, @Duke, ECU
Close losses: St. John’s, UNC-G, ETSU, Charlotte.
Ivana Raca 15.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg.
Alex Sharp 13.0 ppg 9.3 rpg.
Gina Conti 9.9 ppg, 66 assists/12 gms.