GTWBB, 9-2...now the 18 ACC games forthcoming(posting here)...

slugboy

Staff member
Standings as of Jan 24 (from Google).
3ed4dee10475a262bffa38e99a3ac72d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Exciting game, especially end of regulation. Disappointing loss. Hope the shooting % improves.
I feel like this was like the Clemson game... that game could've easily gone to them but we squeaked by with a W but eventually that type of performance catches up. Madinah Muhammed is fantastic; killed us in the OT unfortunately.
Hope the ladies can put the last 2 games behind them and perform well at Duke.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Tired legs? With the transfers after last season this team isn't very deep. Hitting that time of season when the minutes played start to really add up. Odd that we look more heavy legged at home games than away. Anyone have ideals why that would be? Got to catch that second wind, and finish this season strong.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Tired legs? With the transfers after last season this team isn't very deep. Hitting that time of season when the minutes played start to really add up. Odd that we look more heavy legged at home games than away. Anyone have ideals why that would be? Got to catch that second wind, and finish this season strong.
That should not be an excuse. UNC had THREE players that never left the court for 4 quarters plus overtime last night. Pan was the only “iron woman” for us (all per WREK game call). I have watched a couple of games, or parts of games & listener to several more. I was super impressed w the road wins at F$U and cuse, but now I need someone to tell me, which was closer to why expectations should be ..... the road upset of ranked teams or the home losses )or near loss to Clemson. Don’t get me wrong, I am thrilled at what Coach Nel has going on. It and the two new baseball coaches are a breath of fresh air & hope for tech fans everywhere. I just need (ok, want) to know how good this team really is going forward and what the expectation should be. I heard an interview with the coach on the from the flats podcast and she basically said that if they continue to come together as a team she would be happy, that eventually that will result in more Ws, even if it didn’t in the short term.

Deleted member 2897

Scored 6 points in the 2nd quarter today and then 4 points in the final quarter (!) and so we lost to 11-9 Duke. We seem to be in a bit of a swoon. I hope we can snap out of it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Very disappointed in the Duke loss. They have been struggling but have improved the last couple of weeks. They had gotten into relying on outside shots and were not hitting them. Either they hit their outside shots or have gone to more inside game.
Not sure what has happened with our ladies but need to regroup and get some wins. Hated to lose that one.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Oh well, so much for that... Scoreless for the first 6+ minutes of the 3rd Quarter and Miami on a 9-0 run. Not sure how that happens with a good basketball team...

Deleted member 2897

We’re still ahead going to the 4th period. We’ll make adjustments

32-14 at half time and we’re trying o barely hang on because we put up 4 points in the 3rd quarter. ****4****. And it gets worse - 8 minutes left on the game we have yet to score at all in the 4th. ****0****.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
32-14 at half time and we’re trying o barely hang on because we put up 4 points in the 3rd quarter. ****4****. And it gets worse - 8 minutes left on the game we have yet to score at all in the 4th. ****0****.

I know basketball is a game of streaks, but I don't understand our inability to shoot at times.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Tech scored the first 5 points in OT, within about the first minute of play, and then went scoreless the rest of the way. They barely could get a shot off, period. Sad.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Embarassing loss. 18 point lead at the half and can't finish. This team is not an NCAA team right now. They were a top 6 seed 2 weeks ago.