GTWBB, 9-2...now the 18 ACC games forthcoming(posting here)...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT 14-4; 5-2 ACC

UNC Preview, Thursday in Atlanta, Ga., 6 p.m., RSN TV:

Courtney Banghart is in her 1st year. 254-103 at Princeton. 137-31 in the Ivy League.
8 NCAA Bids, 2 WNIT Berths, in 12 years. She played at Dartmouth from 1996-2000
and won 2 Ivy Titles her Jr. & Sr. Year. Graduated from Dartmouth.

UNC, 2020 record:
  • 13-5
  • PCT.722
  • CONF4-3
  • PCT.571
  • STREAK L1
  • HOME9-2
  • AWAY1-3
  • NEUTRAL3-0
  • Wins include-NCSt. 66-60, UVA by 18, Miami by 20, Pitt. by 8, Illinois by 25, Temple and Missouri each by 13.
  • Losses include-Louisville by 7, Ala. & Yale each by 3.
  • Key players: Janelle Bailey 14.9 ppg., 9.9 rpg., 19 blocked shots.; Taylor Koenen 14.4, 7.1, 60 assists, 27 steals, 16 bl., Madinah Muhammad(Trf.)12.8, 4.2, 21 steals; Shayla Bennett 12.3, 4.3, 6 bl. sh.; Malu T****enge 11.1, 7.4, 9 blocks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Women couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn today. 2/20 from 3FG. Something like 18/32 from FT. 25% FG. Just ugly all the way around. Flush it and move on!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Blame this one on me...it was my first game to actually make it to live....and I obviously was the jinx.

Make that two. First basketball game I've gone since Marbury was on campus driving his Range Rover, let alone first WBB game ever. Disappointing for sure... they were just missing shots left and right... Will continue to support them though! Go Jackets!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You Gents. did not jinx us, even though trying to be a little t.i.c., I get it.

The truth is the team was flat. Could tell they weren’t moving their legs well on defense. Laterally, vertically, not quick enough. She came with Jefferson and Hermosa, almost immediately. It wasn’t going to be a good shooting day, when the shooters looked tired & drained in the shoot around.

All teams have a couple of stinkers, although the really good ones win those off games with defense and drawing fouls by going inside to exploit the size differential. We don’t have enough pure athletes this year to crank up the running game. This team wins with defense and the transition steals for easier baskets. We can come with some size.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
You Gents. did not jinx us, even though trying to be a little t.i.c., I get it.

The truth is the team was flat. Could tell they weren’t moving their legs well on defense. Laterally, vertically, not quick enough. She came with Jefferson and Hermosa, almost immediately. It wasn’t going to be a good shooting day, when the shooters looked tired & drained in the shoot around.

All teams have a couple of stinkers, although the really good ones win those off games with defense and drawing fouls by going inside to exploit the size differential. We don’t have enough pure athletes this year to crank up the running game. This team wins with defense and the transition steals for easier baskets. We can come with some size.

Agree, go get the next one! And those who can come out to support the team, do so. I will be listening from Ohio this week, but may get down there for a game in the not too distant future!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We don’t play until Thursday. They were recognizing us for our continued help rebuilding houses in Puerto Rico, on the past two trips.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah this was a toilet flusher. They thought they could bring their b game and beat BC. Came out flat and stayed flat. Tip of the cap to BC though they played some tough d and earned this one. I don't think the girls will come out flat against UNC, this last game will hopefully serve as a wake-up call.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Nice start to the UNC game. Gave up some ground in the second quarter though. Need to have a strong third to finish this one out!

Deleted member 2897

Down 1 point with less than a minute left. Yikes.

We scored 5 total points in Q2. Double yikes.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
To OT.

Tech on free throws at the end of regulation: 6/11; UNC: 11/12

Tech on 3-pointers: 4/19 (although we hit the big one); UNC: 3/9

Need to shoot better.

Deleted member 2897

OT loss. Put up 5 points in 1 period and 6 in another. Hard to win with super long stretches like that.