#GTvsMIA Postgame. Tech falls short 33-30

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Our clock management still is crappy. On our last put, we used 39 seconds of clock before snapping. I mean, come on, really?

Miniham getting hurt didn't help the O.

The D has too many warm butter plays. Although they did force Miami to punt with 58 seconds left and no timeouts left. Leaving the O to go 83 yards in 50 seconds.

Another low snap and it bit us in the rear.

2nd string center getting killed.

Last throw on 4th down is out of bounds... 😣

We did have some nice plays on O but not enough to overcome our own ineptitude.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I want to chalk this Loss up to Offensive playcalling and coaching. Poor time management and play calling led to to many 3 and outs in critical situations. Our Defense looked actually decent. Lots of chaos. But still gave up wayyy to many yards. Had Miami’s Offense had better ball security, this would have been a blowout easily.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Would love for all the people who confidently explained to me that QB recruiting was nothing to worry about in the ‘21 and ‘22 cycles to check in here.

We’re kneeling down the final seconds of this game if Sims could hit an open guy within 10 yards of the LOS from a clean pocket more than 25% of the time.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I want to chalk this Loss up to Offensive playcalling and coaching. Poor time management and play calling led to to many 3 and outs in critical situations. Our Defense looked actually decent. Lots of chaos. But still gave up wayyy to many yards. Had Miami’s Offense had better ball security, this would have been a blowout easily.
I would chalk it up as the whole team and coaches\

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Offense was mediocre but got helped by turnovers. But at the end, the culprit remains the defense. They can't stop either the run or pass effectively. Last 5 games since NC win...

Yards per game
OpponentRushPassTotal
Pitt
181​
399​
580​
Duke
197​
292​
489​
Virginia
240​
396​
636​
Va. Tech
237​
254​
491​
Miami
175​
389​
564​
5 Game Avg.
206​
346​
552​

To be effective on defense you have to take something away. We struggle with both run and pass defense.