#GTvsMIA Postgame. Tech falls short 33-30

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
I decided to stop by to check on the comments but quickly decided I don’t care anymore. I’m a Tech basketball fan now. This coaching staff is a complete and utter joke. Who cares what they do. They are on borrowed time. Unfortunately for us it’s a minimum of two more freaking years of borrowed time for Collins. Maybe he can upgrade his staff but I’m of the opinion that I’ll be back at the end of 2023.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Tech's last 4 offensive possessions...
16 total plays
6 yards of total offense...

That screams that we are in trouble
But no, the offense isn’t the problem.

…to add, while I agree that the defense is the biggest disaster right now, our offense’s inability to pick up a first down is a serious problem. We basically hand off to throw to isolated Gibbs in space and hope something good happens. That’s about the extent of our offense.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Those fumbles didn't just happen - the Jackets' defense caused at least two of them, and had a hand in all three. The 4th down tries failed because the defense stopped them cold. The conversion return was a great play by Thomas. If we debit, we should also give credit where credit is due. They didn't give us this stuff - our guys took it.
You can always have the argument of whether a fumble was the cause of a great play by the defense or lousy ball handling by the offense. Either way when you get three of them, and multiple 4th down stops it is just your day. It doesn't mean the guys aren't making plays, they were, but that much good fortune doesn't happen often and we squandered it.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
A good coach would have taken the kids he had, and constructed a game plan to win with those kids, regardless of whether it was what he wanted to be in the long run. These kids have a small window to perform.....throwing away season because it is not the formula you want is selfish and narcissistic. And no....it never had to be a "tough rebuild". GC chose to make it that way......and no about of excuses change that.
Well spoken! I think that’s what the “majority “ on here want to see.

LibertyTurns

Banned
A good coach would have taken the kids he had, and constructed a game plan to win with those kids, regardless of whether it was what he wanted to be in the long run. These kids have a small window to perform.....throwing away season because it is not the formula you want is selfish and narcissistic. And no....it never had to be a "tough rebuild". GC chose to make it that way......and no about of excuses change that.
If he hadn‘t have transitioned by mocking the old scheme & how much better this team of future NFL’ers was going to be instead of the players nobody else wanted and focused on an orderly transition from what we have to what we needed, there wouldn’t be so much angst.

Dude, how many reps does he need? He’s been the starter for almost 2 full seasons now. In case you haven’t noticed there are QB’s making plays all over the country with way less live game reps. We just lost to a QB who just got the job last freaking week! Sims is lost. I’m not saying it’s all his fault as the coaches need to coach him up but at some point in big boy sports you either have it or not.
Some GT fans live in a world where it takes years to get ready and we got the excuse book all ready to go when we fail. All over the country we have examples like yesterday where Freshman step in and perform well, help their teams win, etc. It’s what winners do.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
If he hadn‘t have transitioned by mocking the old scheme & how much better this team of future NFL’ers was going to be instead of the players nobody else wanted and focused on an orderly transition from what we have to what we needed, there wouldn’t be so much angst.

Some GT fans live in a world where it takes years to get ready and we got the excuse book all ready to go when we fail. All over the country we have examples like yesterday where Freshman step in and perform well, help their teams win, etc. It’s what winners do.
Btw USC(east) looked pretty good last night with their first year coach and a 3rd string qb.

Animal02

Banned

The whole NFL gambit really irks me. That represents 2% of all college players. So we have thrown away season after season chasing the 2% fantasy.

LibertyTurns

Banned
The whole NFL gambit really irks me. That represents 2% of all college players. So we have thrown away season after season chasing the 2% fantasy.
It’s an admirable goal. Not sure we needed to incessantly crap on our players to make the point. To me it’s why we seem to have a cultural issue right now.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What does what does Brent Key really do ? I know he is listed as Assistant Head Coach/Run Game Coordinator/ offensive line great title but what does he do ? During the off season last summer USC was trying to get him and he stayed saying he want some say so . who really picked him CGC or the AD , I would have thought it was CGC because he knew him. Just what does an Assistant Head coach do ? Was he given this title and told he would be the next head coach. I'm really just looking for an answer what more say so did he want?

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
Your post made me look up a USC East football score. Perhaps for the first time in my entire life. What's wrong with the Gators?
Seems like the whole $EC, with the exception of uGAg is a mess this year. Bama barely pulled out a win against LSU last night. Hmm, Orgeron is available. Downside is that you need subtitles for his pressers....

LibertyTurns

Banned
Your post made me look up a USC East football score. Perhaps for the first time in my entire life. What's wrong with the Gators?
I’m going to hear about 300 people talking about it tomorrow. Let you know what the arm chair QBs are saying. I’m not looking forward to all the gold tooth smiles and the damn da U hand signs. Our entire company is dominated by college football fans from the CEO on down. We get some spirited banter all year long. Even in the summer, we’re talking football.

slugboy

Staff member
Seems like the whole $EC, with the exception of uGAg is a mess this year. Bama barely pulled out a win against LSU last night. Hmm, Orgeron is available. Downside is that you need subtitles for his pressers....
Interim Head Coach Orgeron is hard to beat. He’s got a great record that way. It’s permanent head coach Orgeron that loses.
We could use him as a 4-year interim coach

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
What does what does Brent Key really do ? I know he is listed as Assistant Head Coach/Run Game Coordinator/ offensive line great title but what does he do ? During the off season last summer USC was trying to get him and he stayed saying he want some say so . who really picked him CGC or the AD , I would have thought it was CGC because he knew him. Just what does an Assistant Head coach do ? Was he given this title and told he would be the next head coach. I'm really just looking for an answer what more say so did he want?

Just my opinion, but I think he is pretty much just the OL coach. To get him to leave Bama, he needed a title that sounded like an upgrade. To get him to stay, he was given a raise from 600k to 650k. Not sure what else he was promised, because Beamer offered him 750k.

I think Collins wanted him badly because he needed at least one splash hire of a big-time coach because he knew the rest of the staff was a bargain group. Key lends credibility to what Collins is doing.

zzzboy25

Georgia Tech Fan
But no, the offense isn’t the problem.

…to add, while I agree that the defense is the biggest disaster right now, our offense’s inability to pick up a first down is a serious problem. We basically hand off to throw to isolated Gibbs in space and hope something good happens. That’s about the extent of our offense.
you are right, if you run 80% plays through one player they will stand out, but is that what you want to build on!