#GTvsDUKE Postgame

MidtownJacket

Staff member
yeah I mean with the OL battered like they have been the last two weeks there isn't much to do about it. We do need to stop trying to run up the middle when we don't get push but if you give it away then they'll just seal the edge too and you're hosed as well, this was a tough stretch from that alone. Hope we can get healthy this next 14 day stretch and move back to what we should be doing

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’m happy. Was not, but am now.

But can we please be a little more creative on first and second down play calls! And no more runs up the middle - when they haven’t worked all game - on 3rd and short!!!!

On to 2 in a row 🍻

msty.gif

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is the dumbest argument that you guys keep making. Again, WHY would ANYONE post on a Georgia Tech football message board and watch Georgia Tech vs Duke when there were two games against highly ranked teams on IF they weren’t actually a Georgia Tech fan? You have no answer for that because it’s asinine and obviously not true. We’re all fans. Some people are just group thinkers who believe you can’t criticize something you love.

Nah, there's a great many people here that want to see GT lose so we fire the coach.

Scubapro

Banned
Duke came back... so the start didn't matter?
Their RB got 152 yds... on 42 carries... 3.5 yds/carry.
4 of 13 on 3rd down, not ideal
2 turnovers, not ideal. I wondered why our coaches called the turnover play too.

And you should be happiest of all because we passed the 28 point mark that you declared important ;)

Look, I'm not saying it was beautiful and I have problems with a lot of things. Let's enjoy the W and recognize that Collins now owns Cutcliffe.
True regarding the 28 point threshold. But we just played down to Duke.
It shouldn't have been close.
And yes the turnovers are on the coaches. They were both FORCED turnovers.
4 of 13 on 3rd down, not ideal???? That will get you beat most of the time.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
So happy with the win, but what a very frustrating game to watch especially with the TV confusion. Thank you to the folks that pointed many of us to sites we could watch the game. Image if the Auburn / dwag game was that screwed up media wise.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
gave up just shy of 500 yards by Duke. not pretty nut a win.
Interestingly, and not that I'm suggesting we played well on defense, we held them to about 8 yards UNDER their season average going into the game. They were 12th in the nation in total offense and we actually "held" them to their second lowest point total of the year (UNC held them to 7, Charlotte "held" them to 28 in the first game of the season. Again, I'm not suggesting our defense played well nor that Duke is an offensive juggernaut. Just that they're offense played right about where their offense has played most of the season.

slugboy

Staff member
Can someone explain why when we run the rpo it takes so long to develop. Are we just not efficient or is it the poor line blocking makes the read difficult?
We take about a second after the snap on the post-snap option. It could be more efficient, but not too much faster

MidtownJacket

Staff member
post game coach talking about how this was a good win for the guys to understand if we do the things they coach them to do, and if guys stay bought in to the process the outcome is a win. Hit the ATL philosophy and stay ready so you don't have to get ready.

D did well to stay with them, Duke ran 91 plays and it was impressive to have the guys showing up when needed. Talked about the final play and Adonicas making the snag to get the go ahead TD score.

Says the emotion in the locker room was about loving eachother and celebrating together. Said he told the guys they did so well to stay locked in and pull out the victory. Adonicas Sanders and Juanyeh will be the next two player interviews